Monday, May 27, 2013

Little moments

There are so many moments where I wish I had my phone on me so I could record the little things that Aubrey does.  Those little moments where I just want to hug the stuffing out of her.  They aren't always big things, but to me, her Mom, they mean the world. 
 
 
The nights I put her to bed, and as I get ready to lay her down in her crib, she puckers up to give me a kiss and goes "mmmuah!" and then pats my shoulder, giving me a huge hug. 
 
 
Or the day she went with me to the family doctor, and she started mimicking Mommy as I had to take a deep breath in and let it out, deep breath in and let it out...the doctor even found that one funny.
 
 
Or like Sunday afternoon when T and I were on the floor playing blocks with her, and she just thought it was hilarious to throw the blocks up in the air and say "weee!"  We did this for a good 10 minutes, and I swear, watching her belly laugh has to be the cutest thing ever. 
 
 
I love watching her do her little drunk walk.  She's getting so much better at walking, but she still stumbles around like she's just gotten kicked out of a bar.  It's hilarious.
 
 
Or when she reads to herself.  The past three days last week when I picked her up at daycare, it's madness all around, and she's just sitting on the floor, looking through a book.  She does that at home, too, and she will babble to herself.  I'd love to know what she's saying.  And I love that she loves books.  I have a smart one on my hands. 
 
 
I love those moments when I've cleaned everything up in the living room, and she looks around, promptly dumps out the blocks out of their container looking at me like "Mom, that's not the way I left them!" 
 
 
Or nights when I peek in to check on her before we go to bed, and she's fast asleep, on her tummy, butt high up in the air, looking as cozy and comfortable as one person could possibly be.  Sometimes I wish I could get that cozy and relaxed.  She makes it look so easy. 
 
 
I love when we get out of the car, and one of us comes to the back door to get her, she just gets this huge grin on her face and waves. 
 
 
I pretty much love any time she grins. 
 
 
It's these moments where I just step back and realize how very very blessed I am.  She's an amazing little girl, and I'm lucky enough to be her Mommy.  I couldn't ask for anything more.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!