Friday, September 17, 2010

I promise....

It’s tomorrow. I cannot believe it. The day that we’ve been planning for a year is tomorrow. It’s surreal, really. This whole time I’ve felt like I’ve been going and going constantly, trying to plan everything and make sure everything is ready and in place, and tomorrow’s that day. Tomorrow I marry the best friend, the love of my life, my soul mate all wrapped up in one person. Tomorrow I will be reciting my vows and pledging myself forever to T. And while the vows we will be reciting are ones prewritten ones by the church, there are a few others I’d like to add before I say “I do.”

I promise to laugh at all of your jokes, even if some of them don’t make sense or even if I’m not in the mood to laugh.


I promise always to buy you chocolate milk as a special treat when I go grocery shopping.

I promise to let you have your Cheez-its every now and then, even if I think it’s just a bit too much for lunch.

I promise to always make sure you go through your excess t-shirts and never let the problem get out of hand.

I promise to be an equal partner in our relationship and include you in any decision made for the good of our relationship.

I promise to never give up on us, no matter how huge the problem we might face, that I will always stand by you and our family we will start together.


I promise to listen to your Beavis and Butthead impressions as you prepare a firepit or vacuum the house or do pretty much any activity that requires a “ummm…hey…umm…how’s it going? or a fire! fire!” And I promise to always respond with a “pretty good” when asked "um, yeah...how's it going?"
I promise to take care of you when you’re sick, to make sure you go to the doctor, take your medicine, and drink plenty of liquids, even though I can't promise I'll do the same when I'm sick :-)

I promise to try to keep the refrigerator and pantry as organized as possible, even though we both know I’m terrible at doing this.

I promise to let you deck the house out in Christmas lights every Christmas and someday, eventually, let you sync the lights to music. (pending neighborhood association approval, of course)


I promise to not force you to eat asparagus because I know how much you hate it.

I promise to keep our traditions of making honey chicken stir fry for special occasions, of taking the day off for St. Patrick’s Day, our Sunday viewings of “Hoarding: Buried Alive,” and of Carrabbas every June 25th.



I promise to give you the room and chance to grow and follow your dreams and to not give up on mine either.

I promise to be your biggest fan and support you in whatever you do. I also promise to be your advocate and stand by you during the toughest of times.

I promise to love your family as if they are my own.

I promise that I will love you more every day and always let you know that you are the best part of who I am. I will love you forever, T.   This I promise.


We will be back September 27th with lots of wedding and Ireland pictures!

23 comments:

  1. Good promises! Early congratulations for tomorrow. Have a great wedding and an amazing honeymoon! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your wedding tomorrow!! May it be a beautiful day. And since you are going to Ireland I'd be remiss not to give you an Irish Wedding Blessing:

    May your mornings bring joy and your evenings bring peace.
    May your troubles grow few as your blessings increase.
    May the saddest day of your future
    Be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
    May your hands be forever clasped in friendship,
    And your hearts joined forever in love.
    Your lives are very special,
    God has touched you in many ways.
    May His blessings rest upon you,
    And fill all your coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats. above all, make sure you enjoy your day. let all the planning go, and just have FUN!! ireland is beautiful, have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you two! I can not wait to see the pics. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazel tov! So happy for you! I actually woke up this morning thinking "Alaina's getting married tomorrow!"
    Congrats to you and T.
    May your arguments be short, may your silences be shorter, msy your love continue to grow, and may your hearts continue to grow with it.
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful list of personal vows!! I too buy Karl chocolate milk at the store!

    I knwo I've already said it but stop a few times tomorrow and looka round and take mental pictures and soak it in! Have a fabulous wedding day and night! Then, have a safe and amazing honeymoon...please take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW! You two are so freakin cute!! Work it mama! I cant wait to see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Have fun and take in the day as much as you can, and take lots of pictures!
    A poem I had for Nick and I:
    This day I will marry my friend,
    THe one I laugh with,
    Live for, dream with,
    Love.
    Your first sentence reminded me of it. It just about says it all.
    Congrats agian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's tomorrow - SO EXCITING!

    You have to tell us all about it - and all about Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Congratulations. May your life together be so richly blessed that it overwhelms you.

    From one of your Blog Frog friends

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Love all the pictures & the helpful reminders to be unselfish in a marriage. I am so excited for you two! Have a wonderful ceremony, reception & honeymoon. I know it goes by like a whirlwind, just try to soak it all up. This is the beginning of a very beautiful thing. The best to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a sweet post!! I almost got teary eyed.

    Found you via Buddy Notes on Blog Frog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you're awesome, those are beautiful promises!

    Congratulations!! I wish you both the best of luck!

    I hope you enjoy your day, and that all goes according to plan :-)

    I'll miss you in blog land, so be sure to show us lots of pics when you return :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great wedding day, a great honeymoon and a blessed life together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is so sweet! I love it!
    These are beautiful promises!
    I hope you are the happiest person tomorrow and have a great time during your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post!!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear all about the big day and your trip!! I will miss ya while you're away!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This made me tear up!

    I am beyond excited for you guys. In the short time I've been reading your blog, I've been absolutely charmed by you both. I just know your day is going to be perfect, and I can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow lady! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck Nain! Congrats, enjoy, and take time to pause and soak it all in. I tried, but it still flew by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, you had me watering up here...
    Congratulations! All the happiness to you both! Enjoy your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best Wishes on your new life!
    PS. My husband hates asparagus too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should be home soon! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    I have an award for ya - come check it out http://corisbigmouth.com/?p=1248

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cannot wait to see and hear all about it!!!! Oh, I am so happy for you two :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!