Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mental pictures...

I have been holding out on you guys, mostly because I haven't been able to get Blogger to upload pictures and also because well, I haven't gotten any pictures from the wedding yet.  We're still waiting on the professional ones, but for now, I want to share with you a few mental pictures I will forever keep in my heart from that special day...

My father giving me away...I was barely holding it together at this point. It's far enough away you don't see my red eyes and tears...

 Exchanging our vows....when I looked into T's eyes, I could see a reflection of myself.  I remember thinking that I loved this man more than I could ever imagine possible, and I couldn't feel more blessed than I was right then. 

 The feeling of relief and immense happiness as we were pronounced husband and wife.  It was like one huge sigh of relief after months and months of planning, waiting for this day to happen.

Being greeted by our family and friends outside of our church.  It was windy that day, and you can't tell, but they were trying to blow bubbles at us but were having one hell of a time getting that to work.  

 Our reception hall was beautiful, lights and candles everywhere, and our cake looked amazing.  I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything looked.

 Here we are cutting our cake, and you know, this is a lot more work than you would think.  That cake was pretty thick.  I managed to feed T without any mess.  T, on the other hand, managed to miss my mouth with icing.  It was some damn good icing, though, I'll give you that...

 I don't have a picture of the first dance or the father/daughter dance just yet, but this was taken during the dollar dance of me and my Grandpa.  It meant so much to me to be able to dance with him on my wedding day.
 (Out of order, I know) but this is us lighting the unity candle.  I was petrified I'd set the church on fire, but we managed to do it without any incidents.  The symbolism of two flames, representing our two families, joined as one, means a great deal to me.

"You may now kiss your wife."  During rehearsal, our practice kiss was just a peck, and we were teased for that.  I was worried about giving too much in a kiss in church, but our photographer said to hold it long enough for a picture.  This moment is one I will treasure forever. 

This is a small glimpse into the day, and I will have more as I receive more pictures.  Coming soon...the honeymoon and pictures from Ireland!

16 comments:

  1. Wishing you many happy years! And what a beautiful cake! LOL! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY MRS! Congratulations! I have been meaning to drop by and say so, but you know, life. These pictures are great!!! So happy that your big day went so wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohh it's so SO beautiful!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!
    It seems your wedding day was perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! Very special memories you will have forever. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, time sure flies!! Had I known you guys were back I would have stopped by sooner!! Oh lady - you are breathtakingly beautiful :) I am so glad everything went off without a hitch (except maybe coming ho,e sick - but at least that happened AFTER the honeymoon). Oh, I am so freaking happy for you :) Can't wait to see the prof photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you look so beautiful! I'm all tearing up here. I'm such a sucker for weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these photos and it's given me a great idea for the Spin Cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nain!!! What a beautiful wedding and bride!! You guys look so happy!! Just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are beautiful! I love how happy you look. These are wonderful memories/mental pictures! I'm excited to see more pics! Wedding pictures always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics. Thanks so much for sharing those with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't tell you how awesome it has been following you down this road. And seeing these pictures is actually making me tear up. You and T rock. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, now I'm sniffling. I love a good wedding. Congratulations to you and T. May you enjoy the blessings of that day for many days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS! What a lovely couple you make.

    I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long. School is intense this semester and I haven't opened google reader in 3+ weeks. Oy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!