Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Small Treasure....Wednesday?

Doh! I totally dropped the ball and forgot that yesterday was Tuesday, which meant that it was Small Treasures Tuesday with Chantel! (See? I told you all I was losing it!) So I decided to do a small treasure Wednesday instead, just a day late. Better late than never, right?


 

This week’s small treasure is not necessarily a small treasure but one that should be recognized more often than it is. It’s our friends and family.

As we get closer and closer to the big day, it’s more apparent to both T and me how much we are loved and how blessed we are to have our close friends and family in our lives. It has meant so much to me how much they have done for us, with wedding showers and helping with the planning to just being there when we need to vent about wedding stress. I feel so loved after this last weekend. I had my third wedding shower, held by my coworkers, after the first one done by my family and then my sister for my friends in July. After the third wedding shower, T and I headed to evening mass, and we ran into some of our friends we met through a retreat at church. As I gave one of my friends a hug, she quickly asked me when I was free. She and the girls from our retreat group want to take me out to dinner and have a mini bridal shower before the big day. I was so touched that they thought of me, and it means so much to have them in my life. I truly am blessed.

So that’s my small treasure for the week – I love you guys, and it means so much to have such thoughtful and loving people in our lives. T and I look forward to sharing our day with our family and friends – just 17 more days!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, friends and family are a blessing (most of the times!! haha).
    Will you post about your bridal showers?? Pleeeease? And will you post pictures????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your upcoming adventure. It is such a dynamic ride. I found your link on "go read for women," I hope you don't mind if I follow you. Feel free to follow back. http://lillian-davis.blogspot.com/ =>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't friends (& showers) so much fun??!!! Can't wait for your big day!!!

    Oh, and there is nothing wrong with being a day late lol!!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up!

    Your family and friends sound like wonderful treasures. You are so lucky :-)

    My family and friends are treasures too! I definitely could tell them more often though. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!