Monday, September 6, 2010

Yes, I really did just ask that...

Everyone has their moments.  You know, those moments where you say something incredibly stupid, but you don't realize it's stupid?  It's a good thing I tend to only share these moments with T.  He loves me, so he won't judge.  Case in point:
 
Yesterday we did a TON of stuff around the house:  cleaned the entire house, vacuumed our cars out, laundry, worked out...and even prepared a nice dinner before heading downtown to listen to Collective Soul, my favorite group of all time.  So by the time we sat down to dinner, I was tired, but I don't think exhaustion will excuse this. 
 
We listen to XM radio while eating, and the station we had on was The Coffeehouse, which is all acoustic/singer-songwriter songs.  The most random songs play on this station but in an acoustic version.  It's kind of humorous.  So we hear Sheryl Crow's "Soak up the Sun," and I verbalized a question I've had ever since I heard that song for the first time.  I turn to T and go "what's a 45?  Is she talking about SPF 45?"
 
T looks at me and goes, "You really didn't just ask that, did you?" 
 
But really, I didn't know what a 45 was.  In my mind, it's either a level of sunscreen SPF or a gun.  And why would she need a gun if she was going to "soak up the sun?"  So I look at T and say "yeah, I don't know what it is...what is it?"
 
So T begins to go into an explanation about records and record players and the speed at which they rotate and how 45's were smaller records for singles and that obviously she was relaxing to a good song played on a 45.  (Seriously, how in the hell was I supposed to know that?  Come on...)
 
But the lawyer in me wants to argue.  "It could be SPF 45.  I mean, she is going to soak up the sun, and skin cancer is a prevalent problem that needs to be taken seriously." 
 
At this point, T's just laughing shaking his head.  "No, it really is a serious issue, and sure, she's going to go out there and relax and soak up the sun, but she needs to be smart about it.  I mean, she could have a cancerous mole appear later in life, all because she didn't wear her sunscreen." 
 
Yes, this was our dinner conversation, and I still think this is a valid argument.  So we'll just agree to disagree.  For now. 
 
We're heading up to my parent's house for a little Labor Day cookout, and folks, while I'm soaking up the sun, I will for sure be putting on my 45 so I can rock on.  It's just the sensible thing to do. 
 
Happy Labor Day!  (Oh, and just so all of you know...this is my 100th post!  Whoo!  Go Nain!)
 

8 comments:

  1. If I hadn't found out what it meant two years ago I would've thought the same damn thing lol don't be embarassed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that on a lot of things, 45 can be mistaken for many things, here in Houston I think people would mistake it for a gun.

    So don't feel to awful, I do that crap all the time!

    Cute blog... so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what 45 meant... Until you have explained it. haha
    WOW! 100 posts!! Congrats! I'm proud of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea what it meant! So don't be embarrassed :-)

    Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! I didn't know what it meant, but if I had to guess, I would go with SPF 45. I think it makes a lot of sense. Does that mean we're really really white chicks? Damn...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I had no idea what she was talking about either! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so being that I DID totally know what it means does that make me old?? Please say no!

    Happy 100th post, you rock(and protect your skin!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so had assumed it was SPF as well!!! T is educating all of us!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!