Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm too tired to come up with a good title...

It's Thursday!  I'm still alive, still breathing...exhausted beyond belief but here....here's how our week has gone so far:

Tuesday I worked all day and then headed to a volunteer expo event at a location community college to try to recruit volunteers for our agency.  I was there until 6:30 or so and headed home, only to get home around 7:30.  Unfortunately T was at a personal trainer appointment until then, too, so we had leftovers for dinner...separately.  We got maybe two hours to say "hey honey, how was your day?" before heading to bed.

Yesterday I got up at 5:30 a.m., headed to a personal training appointment at 6:00, ate breakfast and rushed to our closing on the house.  We got there ten minutes late, but it didn't seem to be too big of a deal.  Signed a TON of paperwork and saw a very scary number as our mortgage, but we walked out of there an hour and a half later with our keys.  The house was ours!  Yay :-)  We headed home, and I then jetted out to work.  I had a big presentation to make for a grant yesterday evening, so I needed to get ready for that.  The presentation went well, but I didn't get out until 7:15 p.m.  I made it home around 8:00, when T came home after a tough day of hanging light fixtures at the new house.  It was late.  We were both exhausted, so we had a healthy dinner of popcorn and ice cream.  Healthy, right?  Eh, whatever.  I was too tired to cook. 


So I'm back in the office this morning.  Just two more days to go!  I see lots of coffee/caffeine in my future today.  My goal is to put in 8 hours without crashing and passing out on my keyboard and to cook a meal that doesn't involve the microwave.  Let's see if we can do it!

Our official move-in date is Monday...but we'll be working on the house this weekend, and I promise to post lots of pictures!


 
 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, home owner! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!
    Congratulations Nain!! You're a home owner!!
    The exhaustation will be worth it!!
    Can't wait to know your adventures moving to your new house and see tons of pictures!!
    Good luck with everything!!
    Sending positive thoughts your way so that everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...moving SUCKS but living in a new house is great (once you are all settled in :)). Here is to getting settled and enjoying a little less craziness of this thing we call life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been busy but that new house will be so worth it! Very Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is a very big deal! Once you're moved into your new house, you'll forget about all the chaos leading up to it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girly! That is so awesome! You've had one crazy week, but it is so worth it! I'm looking forward to hearing everything about the move and seeing tons of pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!