Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thirty

I'm thirty today. 

Wow.  I can't believe I'm saying that.  Back when I turned twenty, thirty seemed so far away.  It seemed so....old.    But now that I'm at that age, I don't feel any different.  It's not like all of a sudden I have this urge to get the early bird dinner at Denny's or start sorting my pills in one of those day of the week pill containers.  I'm still the same Nain I was yesterday, just older. 


I've read that a lot of people do those "30 things to do before I'm 30" lists.  I have to say I wasn't motivated enough to actually create one of those lists before I am thirty.  Perhaps I dropped the ball on that.  I'm usually one for the lists and "things to do."  Maybe I need to come up with 40 things to do before 40.  Who knows?  Regardless of lists, though, I think I have had a truly blessed 30 years.  Sure, I've had my shares of ups and downs (many downs, but who is counting), but looking at my life right now, I truly love where I am.  I'm married to my best friend in the entire world.  We have set up a great life and have just moved into an amazing house.  I have my health, which I recognize now more than ever.  And I'm in a great place with my job. 


Honestly, I look forward to what's to come in my thirties.  My twenties had its ups, but it also had its fair share of downs.  So in a way for me, it's like closing a chapter and beginning a new one.  I have no doubt that the next ten years will bring its share of challenges, but I also know that this time I have a great partner by my side.  That makes all the difference. 


So tonight, T and I will be toasting to my 30th birthday at a special dinner at Buca di Beppo, enjoying some Chianti and tiramisu.  I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather celebrate with than T. 


Here's to another great ten years!


7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to youuuu!
    Happy birtday to youuuu!
    :)
    Hope you have a great time with T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    People have told me that they like their 30's much more than their 20's, because they feel more stable and comfortable with who they are. I hope that's true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy Birthday Nain!! You deserve the best, and it sounds like you'll have a wonderful evening with your man :-)

    Here's to the next 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Have a wonderful birthday dinner, followed by a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'm so sorry I missed your bday! Funny thing happened - I went to comment on this and the power in my apartment went out! OMG! Freakout!

    Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!