Monday, April 4, 2011

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday

It's the start of another week, and you know what that means?  Motivation!  As in Motivation Monday, that is.  So how do you play?  For those of you who haven't played before, just write a post about what is motivating you this week, whether it be to make the bed every morning this week, or eat vegetables every day or make sure you catch up on your Toddlers & Tiaras DVR episodes...whatever it is, just write a post and link up to this one by commenting, leaving your link in the comment.  It's as easy as that!


So this week...I have several things I need to motivate myself with...first of all being work.  I have a TON to do at work.  I'm interviewing pretty much every day for open positions we have, I have reports to do, grants to send out, and meetings/presentations to prepare for.  So the thing I need to do most?  Stay focused.  I have a bit of A.D.D., I have to admit, and I'm horrible at staying focused when working.  So I'll be working strictly on a "to do" list this week at work, and I think I can make it.



I'm also motivated to keep up on my working out and training.  Since I was at a Mary Kay conference on Saturday, we missed our weekly trainings with our training group, and this week they had planned the hour and forty-five minute walk/run.  So we got up early on Sunday and did it.  My feet were killing me afterwards, but I'm proud to say both of us finished it.  T did a total of 12 miles, and I think I was somewhere around eight.  Next weekend we will be doing the 15k training, which is somewhere around 9 miles.  It seems incomprehensible, but it's a necessary step to getting to the 13.1 miles needed for May 7th.  I can't believe we're only a month away from the mini!  Yikes!



My third motivation?  Staying positive.  We have a couple of family crises going on (and yes, that's about as far as I'll go into that), but needless to say, it's bringing me down.  See, I'm the sponge that soaks up everyone's problems and everyone's negativity.  That's not a good thing, especially when we're in the middle of a move and I'm super busy at work.  So....I'm needing the motivation to stay positive and keep my chin up this week.  I'll need your help, my fellow blogging friends....if I happen to write a negatively nellie post, just say "snap out of it, Nain!  It'll be okay!"  I promise to listen :-)



So that's what's motivating ME this week...what's motivating you?  Comment with a link to your post, and I'll link you up!









5 comments:

  1. I have something that motivates me: I'm having a giveaway on MY blog next week!!
    And good weather motivates me to work on my garden this week!
    I hope those family crises turn out OK. :-)
    And good luck with your move!! How exciting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Stay focused and stay positive amidst all the negativity and hard work. "Find good in every day."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that I get to go back to bed tonight is motivating me to make it through today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way for my mom- I soak in all her hurt and negativity when she is upset and it slowly whittles at me. It's not good for you but it's hard to not be that person when you are always and have always been that person. Hang in there and your blogger friends are here for ya- you can always vent to us!

    My motivation is about weight: thecoffeeqweenblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my motivation Monday post! http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-im-loving-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!