So here is our living room....
I decorated the mantel myself with candles, some green garland and white lights. And of course, my garden gnome, Jerome, had to come in for the winter and get in on the festivities. We love this new fire place...it's gas, so it's super easy to use, and it makes the room feel all cozy when it's on. And yes, our stockings are hung by the chimney with care. And for those of you with dirty minds, I did intentionally put the T & A stockings in that order :-)
We've waited forever to get a nativity scene. It's something we've wanted for awhile, and this past Christmas, we've decided to just buy one. We got this from The House of Ireland, and I've been told it's special because it's Belleek china. I'm not familiar with that, but T assures me that it's very nice china. I just think it's beautiful.
Another shot of the living room.....
And the outside of our house: This year we chose to just do lights around the porch. T ordered an extension ladder but that's coming this week, so next year, our goal is to outline the garage part, too. But I still think it looks pretty darn cool.
Close up of our porch - real live Christmas wreaths, a tree, and candles, of course!
So that's our house! To keep with the Christmas spirit, I also stole these fun questions from Chloe @ My New Life as a Housewife. Enjoy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags, but that's only because I am really a horrible wrapper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We do artificial. Growing up, my sister's allergies were why we did that, but T and I do think we'll go the real tree route soon.
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime around New Years. I always hate that feeling...it's so depressing!
5. Do you like eggnog? I've had it once. And then had the stomach flu the night of my drinking it...so that would be the last time I'll ever have it again.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My O'Jenny Doll House
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We didn't until just this year...we bought a Belleek china one from House of Ireland, and I love it!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
9. Easiest person to buy for? My youngest niece, Roo. She's still at the age where she isn't wanting everything electronic and expensive
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh, always mail! Just got mine out, too!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The stomach flu. But that wasn't a gift. But it still sucked.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to do it as soon as I can, but this year, I'm a huge slacker on it.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? don't think so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? O' Holy Night and "All I want for Christmas is you"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Some day we'll get to stay home...it's not too far off! We usually travel, though.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure can!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open presents with my family on Christmas. T and I try to exchange them with just the two of us before then, though.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercials. Holiday commercials are SO annoying, especially jewelry ads.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Don't have just one. T and I buy one special for each year, so I'd say those.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happiness and no stress