Friday, December 9, 2011

Present time!

So remember that worry I had about how we wouldn't get everything we needed for the baby in time for her arrival?  Yeah...I'm not one to enjoy admitting when I'm wrong.  But....well....see, here's the thing...


I may or may not have been wrong. 


Yes, I answered that as a lawyer. 


I tend to get freaked out about things, rationally or irrationally, but usually the latter of the two.


This past week we have come home pretty much daily to at least one or more packages for baby.  We have started keeping our UPS guy in business.  If he hasn't figured out that we're expecting, he is not a very smart man.  Just the other day, on Monday, we came home to two boxes of diapers (awesome deal I got at Babies R Us), a pack and play box, Target box, and one from Babies R Us.  Either we are having a kid, or we have some really messed up collection of baby stuff. 


It's been fun seeing all the cute stuff we have for Half-pint. Sure, I registered for this stuff, but honestly, I have never seen it in person.  I have done about 80% of my registry online.  I hate going to stores and getting all overwhelmed, and I'd much rather sit on my couch, sip a little ho cho by the fire, and peruse the store online.  But I've got some really cute stuff. 


Not sure if I have talked much about what her nursery will look like, but the theme is monkeys.  Color scheme is purple and a lighter green.  I promise we will post pictures, but right now, everything isn't really settled in the nursery.  We have the crib put up, but no mattress yet so there's nowhere to put the bedding.  We are still waiting on the dresser (mess up on Target's part - they shipped it, then said we asked to return it before it got to us, and so apparently we won't be getting the dresser until next week because I was forced to reorder it.  Pain.)  I'm hoping we'll get the mattress soon so that we can set everything up.  But it'll look super cute. 


I have to admit, it is fun checking the registry to see what items have been bought, and I can't believe how generous people are.  Above and beyond what I'd ever ask for...I'm not one to say "buy me stuff, please!"  But people have been so nice, and we appreciate it so much. 


We better get rolling on that nursery, though, because my family baby shower is tomorrow, and I have a feeling we're going to have even more items to put in there. 


So I apologize for my momentary freak out a week ago.  Nain's under a ton of pressure...maybe, just maybe that pressure got to her. 


And maybe, just maybe, I was a wee bit wrong. 


But I will neither confirm nor deny that.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I need your questions still!  Thank you, Robin, for your awesome questions, but I need more for a really good vlog!  So ask away! 


1 comment:

  1. Questions!
    How many children would you like to have?
    And how many children would T like to have?
    What's your favorite food?
    What's T's favorite food?
    What are you loving about being pregnant?
    And what are you NOT loving at all?
    When do you usually put up your Christmas tree?
    What's your favorite Christmas tradition?
    Are you planning to start any new Christmas tradition once Half-pint is here?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!