Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baby update!

Back with another baby update!  (I know how you love them!)  We had another visit with the OB the other day, as well as an ultrasound to check on Half-pint's growth.  We've had ultrasounds every month due to the fact that my heart condition can cause her size to be small.  Well, she's defying those odds for sure.  At the last ultrasound we were told she was in the 93rd percentile for growth.  This time she's in the 84th percentile which is still awesome.  She technically was supposed to be at 27 weeks and 1 day but actually measured at 28 weeks and 5 days.  So she's growing along just fine!


The thing I love about having all of these ultrasounds is we get to see her more often than most normal pregnancies would.  We get to see how much she's growing and changing.  Also, we get to see her personality kind of develop.  We can already tell she's a stubborn one.  Every ultrasound, she's covering her face with her hands.  Actually, she looks like she relaxes with her hand on her forehead just like mommy does.  (Isn't that crazy?)  And she's active.  Every ultrasound, she's constantly moving, almost like she's not wanting to let them get a normal shot.  I think we have a strong-headed kiddo coming our way.  Wonder where she gets that? 


Me, I still feel like I'm getting more and more huge by the day.  Bending over to pick things up is becoming a difficult task. Sleeping...not as easy as it used to be.  I'll be starving, try to eat, and I get full with just a few bites.   Not sure how Half-pint is growing as much as she is because I honestly feel like I don't eat enough, but...whatever.  Still monitoring my blood pressure, and so far, it's doing okay off and on.  With the holidays coming up and having a few days off, I'm hopeful I'll have some time to just relax, unwind and maybe catch up on my sleep.   (Only if Half-pint cooperates, that is!) 


I have two baby showers coming up, too, which is exciting!  One is this Friday for my work and the other is
next Saturday for family and friends. 


While we were at the doctor, we did get a few 3D pictures of our little girl, and I wanted to share them with all of you because they are just so cute.  Baby girl only cooperated for one picture in allowing us to see her face.  (Notice she still has that hand over her head like mommy), and then we got a shot of her cute little feet. 


I have never wanted to meet someone so much in my life.  I can't beleive that in just 10 weeks, I'll be holding my baby girl. 


I'll keep you all posted with baby updates as they come!


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww... I want a baby NOW!
    Look at that little face!!
    She's already so cute!! :)
    I'm really happy for you Nain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very cute button nose she has going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, I love the feet shots!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!