Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shower fun

This weekend, my sister threw a baby shower for me at her home up in Noblesville.  It was family and friends, including some of my mom's friends from the neighborhood and her work, and it was a lot of fun.  I'm not always the best when it comes to posting pictures these days, so I'm going to make up for it by inundating you with tons of pictures.  Enjoy!




The cake was made out of a bunch of cupcakes from Meijer...and they were delicious!  Brought a few home with me to have a later date, too!



My sister decorated the house with a clothes line and put up outfits she had bought for baby, as her present to me.  I was told to sit in the chair next to the presents, even though when I first sat down to eat it was in the corner by myself.  (I'm SO social like that...) 



Mom and me, and of course, Half-pint had to get in the shot.  (And dude, I look HUGE in this picture!)



My sister-in-law, me and my sister, the hostess of the party.




Me and "the aunts" on my mom's side.  It was so nice to see everyone.


And of course, the girl cousins on my mom's side of the family, too.  Funny enough this isn't all of us either.  There are 14 total grandchildren, and I believe in this picture we're missing three more girls that weren't able to make it. 

Instead of cards, my sister asked that guests bring a children's book, inscribed to Half-pint, so now we have even more books to add to her library!  T is pretty excited, too, because that gives him more to read her.  We got a ton of items on our registry and some I hadn't even though of that weren't on the registry. My mom got us a glider/rocker for the nursery.  We hadn't thought to register for one of those, but man, after T set it up Saturday night, that thing is comfortable.  It was so sweet, last night T sat down in it and picture himself rocking her to sleep.  We promise to post pictures of the nursery soon...our goal next weekend is to put things away so that it actually looks like a nursery!
 
 
I'll be back tomorrow with even more pictures...it's a Christmas miracle! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this kind of posts! haha
    I'm glad you had such a great time!
    Everything is so pink and cute!! I love it!!
    Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely shower! Can't wait to see the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!