Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pregnancy brain


When we first got pregnant, I read everything possible online or in books on what to expect.  I'm not one of those girls who likes to just fly by the seat of her pants.  Nope, I have to know my facts, know what's coming.  And I kept reading about pregnancy brain.  Forgetfulness, mixing things up, not being able to focus.  Sure, sure...some women might have that problem, but not me. I have my stuff together...I won't be that bad.  Right? 

Wrong.  Fail.  Completely off the mark. 


Nain's brain has officially left the building.  This week was living proof of that. 


I seriously don't know where my mind has gone lately.  It's like this week something was just switched off.  I can't focus, concentrate or be productive at all.  I keep making mistakes on things that normally I would be so on my game with....and big mistakes, too.  Embarrassing mistakes.


It's gotten to the point where T no longer really likes for me to drive anywhere.  I just zone out or don't pay attention.  I mean, sure I'm not a hazard on the road or anything, but I'm not exactly a shining beacon of safety. 


Talking in complete sentences? Not so easy.  I try to tell someone something at work, and I mix up my words or forget what I'm saying.  I sound like the female version of Yoda half the time.  God help me with some of the radio interviews I'll have coming up for a local work event.  I might need someone to come with me just so I sound somewhat intelligent. 


Please...moms out there...tell me that it does go back.  I like to pride myself on being together for the majority of the time.  And now?  Yeah...not so much. 


 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So you mean pregnancy brain does really exist?!
    Now, I'm scared.
    Seriously.
    How will I be able to translate texts without messing everything up ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought in donuts today for my coworker and her b-day isn't until Tuesday. Oopsy. I'm waiting for it to get worse....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy brain does go away, for a while things are great. Then we fall into mama brain. Mama brain is inevitable unless you are a hardhearted woman. It's not quite as bad as pregnancy brain because forced concentration is possible. I don't mind mama brain because it's really mama's heart. Sometimes it gets in the way of sleep, even when baby isn't a baby, even when kidlet is an adult, but I still don't mind it as much as I did pregnancy brain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!