Monday, December 5, 2011

We need longer weekends!

I believe three day weekends should be an every weekend deal.  Seriously, because two days are just not enough to get everything completed that needs to be done.  Not to mention when do you get to just relax?  This was one of those busy weekends for T and me, as seems to be the norm for us these days.    I even had the best of intentions to take pictures of some of the things we did this weekend, but sadly...I have none to share.  Maybe I'll find a spare moment this week to snap a picture and upload, but I make no promises, my blogger friends!


So Friday, my coworkers threw me a baby shower during our lunch hour.  It was a lot of fun, good food, and we got so much helpful stuff.  I'm still learning what is what in terms of helpful items for baby and things I never have heard of until now.  That, and we have a lot of new pink outfits I can't wait to see Half-pint wear.   T came over after work, helped me haul everything to the car and then into the house, as carrying heavy items is becoming more and more difficult as the weeks go by.  We did as we usually do on Friday evenings and cleaned the house before relaxing and hitting the hay.  Sure, cleaning the house doesn't seem like the most fun thing in the world, true.  But our theory on it is, if we get it done Friday night, the rest of the weekend is ours to do with whatever we chose.  It's a good routine we've gotten into.  Watching Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel and cleaning.  I'm still able to do quite a bit, but again...things are getting more and more difficult as the weeks go by.   But T's such a good sport and helps out so much to make sure things are done. 


Saturday morning, we both got up early, T to run and me to hit the grocery store before all the crazies were there.  I absolutely detest grocery shopping with a passion, so if I have less people to deal with, the better.  T spent the majority of the day out in our garage mouse proofing the garage (yes, we had a mouse siting a few weeks ago..ugh) and cleaning out both of our cars.  Me, I spent the day organizing my Mary Kay closet and office, getting ready for an event the next day and of course, getting a start on my Christmas cards.  After church that evening, T put his carpentry skills to work and put together Half-pint's crib!  It looks great...just need the mattress and the bedding, and we're good to go!  Now we're waiting on the dresser to arrive this week.  It seems T's new hobby is putting together nursery furniture, and it's a good thing he's so handy because I would have no clue what I'm doing if I were put to the task. 


Sunday we headed up to my brother and sister-in-law's house, as I had scheduled a Mary Kay Holiday Coffee with her.  It's basically an open house like I had a few weeks back at my own home, but hosted by a customer instead of myself.  It was pretty successful, which is great because I have a feeling this event may be one of the last ones I have until Half-pint makes her arrival.  I do have one scheduled in January, but that may be a bit ambitious.  We'll see...


So yes, it was a busy busy week in the Nain and T household.  This week won't be much better and neither will next weekend...family/friend baby shower coming up!  Don't know about all of you but I am so ready for some holiday down time! Hope everyone had a great weekend!  And I promise to be back with pictures!


2 comments:

  1. Still sounds like a great weekend!
    I fixed up our laundry room which had been plaguing me for years. AND got our clothes washed by the end of the weekend. So we did a lot, but it felt GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been busy too... haha! I can't wait to have some days to relax and sleep in!
    I missed those days!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!