Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Half-pint's nursery


 This past weekend, T and I worked hard on completing Half-pint's nursery.  Until last weekend, I had all of the baby shower presents in a pile on our guest bedroom bed.  However, T's parents will be down soon, and I'm pretty sure they need a bed to sleep on, so I decided to sort through everything, including washing all of the clothes, blankets, etc. we received.  Dude, that was a ton of laundry.  So while I was doing that, T put together her dresser.  I know last week I complained about my woes with Kohls, but Target is now on my list, too.  I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say, we ordered this dresser over a month ago and only just received it.  And the top part was cracked so we had to order a replacement.  But, that's neither here nor there...instead, I will focus on the positive things.  Like look how cute everything is!
 
 
Her book shelf, complete with the cutest monkey lamp ever (T's Aunt and cousin bought all of the monkey stuff off our registry.  So cute!)
 
 

Side view of the room....


Other side of the room....my Mom bought us the rocker for a shower present.  We're still waiting on the mattress for the crib.  Once we get that, we'll finish the bedding, and it'll look even cuter.  And the dresser is coming in a few days.  Luckily, we could still put the whole thing together so the clothes could be put away.



My cousin Emily made this quilt for us as a shower present, and gotta love the monkey nightlight, too.  (If you can't tell.....monkeys are a theme here :-)


Lastly, the changing table - we're waiting on the changing table pad, and of course, the dresser top so the stuff on top of the changing table won't stay, but, I still think it's cute! 


and I'm in love with these monkey decals.  They go on by static cling, and they are just too cute! 


So that's Half-pint's room....just a few more touches, and it will be done!  So....what do you think???

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God! It's SOOO CUUUUUUUTE!
    I love it!
    I love monkeys! They are so CUTE! I love it! I love it! I LOOOOOVE IT!
    I'm sorry you had problems with Target too...
    But the nursery is turning out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!
    We did frogs for Sprite's room and I really don't remember now why we did since I personally can't stand frogs in reality. :-)
    But the color on the walls was TinkerBell green, kind of foretelling of her personality. And we now have TinkerBell green pixie dust on her new room's walls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the wall color, the monkeys and the color of the furniture. Yay! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute room. I wish I had had half the forethought to put together something like that for my boys. I had ideas, but no real follow through.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!