Monday, January 23, 2012

A restful weekend


It's hard to describe the feelings I have as each weekend comes to an open and a close.  Usually I get really excited about the weekend and then super sad when the weekend ends.  And while, yes, I do get excited to think about sleeping in and not doing anything, and yes, the thought of work does bring me back to those days when I was in school and hated Sunday evenings.  However, there's a different feeling there.  See, this Wednesday, it's is officially 3 1/2 weeks until Half-pint makes her arrival.  Every weekend, every day that ends brings me closer to her.  So, I'm not sure how to feel when a weekend comes and goes.  I found myself feeling this way off and on this past weekend.  
 
 
With her arrival getting closer, I've been trying very hard to take it extra easy over the weekend.  It was one of those gloomy and chilly weekends out, so T and I had very little to do outside the house and spent the majority of our time just hanging out and getting various things done.  We've been freezing meals every weekend, and we froze two more meals this weekend for when Half-pint arrives and we have very little time to cook.  I caught up on my thank you notes for baby showers, and I got a good start in for Half-pint's Baby Book.  And...I was lazy.  But I need to be.  We cleaned on Friday night, and Mommy pushed herself just a wee bit too hard...Half-pint responded by pushing down on my lower stomach super hard, causing me a great deal of discomfort.  Her way of saying "slow down, please!" So I won't make that mistake again :-)  (Sorry, kiddo!)
 
 
On Sunday we went to church and got the chance to catch up with friends afterwards.  We've remained friends with our sponsor couple who counseled us before we got married, so we enjoyed a nice breakfast with them after mass.  After church, too, our priest was giving the sacrament of anointing of the sick.  For those of you who are not Catholic, it's a sacrament where the priest blesses you if you are facing a serious illness, medical procedures, etc.  T suggested I go, and my immediate response was "why?  I'm not sick!"  T and Carol convinced me to go saying that my c-section surgery was major surgery and being on multiple medications for my heart was a serious thing.  The stubborn girl in me has a hard time seeing that.  Sure, I'm high risk, but in my mind, I'm not "sick" and certainly not in need of that kind of spiritual attention, right?  I'm glad I did go, and I know it meant a lot to T, too.  I mean, seriously...the big surgery could be any day now.  Or at least 3 1/2 weeks from now!
 
 
I hope we have a few more weekends like this past one ahead of us.  I'm enjoying them while we can because our lives are about to change immensely (for the better!).  Here's to a quick work week and another relaxing weekend ahead!
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing weekend! :)
    Only 3 1/2 weeks???
    Can't believe it!!!
    She's almost here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!