Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Half-pint update!

Augh, my perfect posting record is over!  I failed to post yesterday.  Alas.  I wish I had a better excuse other than just being tired and not motivated.  But the past is in the past...today is a new day, and this is a new post.  And it's a Half-pint update post at that, so yay! 
I've been back and forth with doctors appointments this week.  Yesterday was my cardiologist appointment and today we had a long morning of appointments for baby - a nonstress test, ultrasound and doctor's visit.  I now smell like hospital...you know?  That disinfectant smell you can't quite get rid of without a shower?  Guess who will be getting a shower later? 
Anyway, so yesterday's appointment with the cardiologist went fairly well.  The new medication he put me on, the third of my blood pressure meds, has really  helped lower the heart rate and blood pressure.  The only downside to this is it lowers it a ton, and then towards the middle of the day I'm basically exhausted and am a walking zombie.  It was getting pretty bad.  So we've decided since I have just two weeks left of pregnancy, Half-pint and I will be working remotely from home.  That way I can nap if needed, relax and not push myself too hard.  Of course, yesterday when I was working from home, that included laundry and swiffering the floors.  Until T told me to lay down via text message.  Hey, I'm nesting!  What can I say?
Today at the NST, Half-pint was super stubborn and decided that, while her heart rate was perfect, she wasn't moving.   I drank juice, that didn't work.  I poked her.  Nope.  Finally she started moving a little bit, so they got enough to officially "pass" me.  40 minutes later, of course.  We headed to our ultrasound next, and wouldn't you know it?  The little girl starts moving like a mad woman!  She wasn't having getting her picture taken.  It was pretty humorous because she kept pushing away the ultrasound camera every time they lady pushed on my stomach.  They measured her again, and she's still a big baby.  Right now she's in the 94th percentile for growth and has an estimated weight of 7 lbs 9 oz.  And she has two more weeks to grow.  Holy. cow.  Actually, it's officially two weeks as of tomorrow.  Place your bets now as to how big this kiddo is getting!  I just hope she fits into the newborn stuff we bought her for a short period of time at least. 
The exciting news is all I have left is one more doctor's appointment next week.  ONE.  Thank God!  The end is in sight!  And I'm more than ready for her to make her appearance....after the Superbowl hoopla leaves downtown Indianapolis, of course.  (Side note:  Tom Brady and his cohorts are staying at the hotel attached to our hospital.  Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.  I'm going with bad.) 
Promise to be back tomorrow with another post!  I'm not going anywhere yet :-)


  1. Yay! Home stretch! Can't wait to see her little face and hear what the heck you are naming her :)

  2. YAY! Can't wait to see her!! How exciting!


Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!