Monday, March 11, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday


Happy Motivation Monday, everyone!  So this week my motivation lies in training.   This past Saturday, T and I ran in a training race for May's 500 Festival Mini Marathon.  We did a 5k in February, and this last Saturday was a 10k (6.2 miles).  The longest I have really run was 4 miles.  And running outside is a lot tougher than on a treadmill.  So I was nervous.  Well, actually I'm nervous before every race, but more so this one than the last.  With Aubrey being sick and the hard part of getting myself out of bed at 5:30 a.m. each week day to exercise, I haven't trained as much as I should.  So I was nervous. 


But, it surprisingly went really well!  I ran quite a bit of it, the first entire mile (probably a little too fast) so I had to slow down and walk off and on, but I'm pretty proud of my time.  I finished 6.2 miles in 1:11 hrs.  So my mile time is 11:26, which is actually 4 seconds better than my 5k time!  Whoo! 


The funny thing was from the start of the race, I had a hard time with my pants.  I bought new running tights last weekend, thinking a size medium would be good, but yeah....they started creeping down my butt.  So I kept having to pull them up.  That got annoying just a wee little bit for 6 miles, but I suppose that is a good thing?  And it looks like I'll need to do some shopping, huh? 


We have 2 more races coming up in March, both fun races.  Next Saturday I'm doing a 4 mile race, running with T and Aubrey in a St. Patrick's Day race.  Got my green outfit all ready to go, and you get Guinness at the end!  And then the Saturday before Easter, we are doing a 5k Bunny Hop.  You get bunny ears to wear, and Aubrey will get to see the Easter bunny.  So those will be fun, but shorter races. 


Now the next big training one is April 6, and that is a 15k (9.3 miles).  Yikes.  But the way I see it is if I can do that long, it's not too much more for 13.1, right?  I was pretty sore, though, after Saturday's race, mainly in my hamstrings.  But I think I can do this.  I really do.  But that would require being a little more diligent in my running, and when it gets warmer, going outside and running on the pavement because that is definitely a lot harder on the legs. 


So while I was running and holding up my pants, the song I kept singing over and over in my head was Salt n Pepa's "Push It."  Yeah.   That happened.  But it kept me going! 


So what motivation do you need this week?  This is just one motivational goal of mine...work is a whole other deal.  But that's not fun :-)  So I choose this motivation first.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!