Friday, March 29, 2013

Hello, Easter Bunny!

It's Aubrey's 2nd Easter.  Hard to believe, isn't it?  So that got me thinking about how much things have changed since last year.  Because last year...this is life was with Miss Aubrey:
 

I love that dress, but I remember how much she hated those tights.  But she couldn't even sit up for a picture, so I propped the poor kid up next to her Easter basket for a photo opportunity.  I somehow don't think it'll be so easy to get her to sit still this year.  And I don't think I'll be using the Easter grass for her basket.  That would quickly become something for her to eat.  Last year's Easter basket was more so for me, though, than anything.  This year's?  I got her a thing of "Puffs" snack, Sesame Street toys, and some books.  So I think this year she may appreciate the little gifts brought by the Easter bunny more so than last year. 


This is us after mass on Easter Sunday last year.  Aubrey was such a good girl and slept through the entire mass.  We got to sit in the church itself and attend mass.  This year?  We'll be fighting a one year old who wants to crawl all over the place while sitting in the narthex just outside our church.  It's simply not worth the fight.  Oh changes....


 

Look how tiny she was!  And the jeggings!  Oh, I loved the jeggings!  This outfit was put on after she decided to pee all over her tights and dress.  So I guess she won in the end, but look at those little feet.  I miss those snugly days.  But I also like sleeping.  So I'm not sure I'd want to go back to that.  Oh and look, Mommy got to wear jewelry!  That is something I no longer do, as little Miss Perceptive will spot it in a heartbeat and it will quickly be pulled and broken.  This year we got her a more comfortable dress, one that can be worn as a play dress this summer.  So hopefully there will be non incidents of peeing.  And the dress will be coming off at meal time. 
 
 
So this Easter weekend, we will be hanging out at home today as T and I both have the day off, running an Easter Bunny Rock 5k Saturday morning, and then going to early mass and heading up to spend the day with my folks on Easter.  Aubrey loves playing with her cousins now that she is more aware.  So maybe Mommy can get a bit of a break :-)  It should be a fun weekend.  I hope everyone has the same.  Have a blessed and very Happy Easter!
 

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see how much she's changed. Can't wait to see the photos from the actual day this year. Easter is a big deal in our family & I just can't tell you how excited Ava is. She's mentioned that its only 3 days away about 20 times today alone! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!