Monday, March 25, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday


Happy Motivation Monday! So I find myself torn this week.  I did really well with the exercise this week, but the eating?  Not so much.  So I need to give myself a swift kiss in the ass. 


Perhaps I'm being entirely too hard.  I did get up at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday and ran 10 miles.  Ran/walked 10 miles.  So there was that.  T has a course through town that he does which is about a 3.5 mile loop.  Let me tell you, running alone and not in a race setting, meaning I had no adrenaline keeping me going and running the same loop three times in a row?  Not easy.  I'm not sure how much I ran or walked.  I think I ran quite a bit, but I'm not too proud to say I walked, as well.  But I didn't really care about that.  I just wanted to finish.  If I can do 10 miles, then I am not too far away from 13.1, right?   I did 10.1, and I didn't get the time exact but roughly ran a 12 minute mile give or take.  The last big ran for me is a 15k on April 6th.  Once I do that, it's just small runs until the big 13.1 on May 4th.  As I write this (Sunday), I'm pretty damn sore, but I really need to keep it up this week and make those small runs count because they do help with the whole strength-building thing. 


So yeah, anyway, I ran 10 miles...and then the family came into town Saturday.  And I ate like crap.  And then I went to a birthday party on Sunday and had more sweets.  And then weighed myself at possibly the worst time ever and noticed I gained 4 pounds.  And yeah, sure, I know weight fluctuates and weighing onself after dinner is a bad idea.  What...oh well. 


I ran 10 miles, though, so yay! 


So that's my motivation this week...what's yours?  If you're in the Midwest in this ridiculous winter wonderland that no one asked for...be careful out there!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!