Monday, March 18, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday
Tired, I tell you, I'm tired! But ready for another week! (See, the exclamation mark? That means I'm faking enthusiasm. Go team!)
I need a weekend from my weekend. We had little miss one year old in a bad mood for most of the weekend. To those daycare teachers who watch her and say "oh she never fusses, only smiles!" B.S. Homegirl can cry, a lot. It's all an act, I tell you, an act.
But then again...how can you resist this face (when she's not crying, of course). This was little miss waiting for our race to start on Saturday.

We were set to run the Shamrock 4 miler in downtown Indy. T decided to be a trooper and slow down his normal pace and run with me. We didn't do too shabby. T pushed the stroller, which is tough because, well, she is 30 pounds basically. I'll be running the next race we do, the Bunny Hop 5k on the 30th, with the stroller. It was pretty chilly out Saturday morning. Aubrey was like "what the heck?" with being outside in the cold. We did try to get her to smile with this one. But...oh well!


This race felt pretty good. I'm proud to say that I was able to run for quite a bit of the race. I think our finishing time was somewhere round 46:00 minutes or so. We met up with a friend of ours about mid0way through, and T swears we slowed down when we started running with our friend. But to me, I don't go for pace....as long as I'm running consistently. We have a 15k, 9.3 miles, coming up. I'm not going to lie. That amount of distance scares the crap out of me. So this weekend I'm going to take one day and do a long run...somewhere around 8 miles or so to see what I can do. Pray for me.
Other motivation for this week? Eat a little better. With St. Patrick's Day, it definitely is harder. I haven't written that post yet, but you'll see why. Food. It was good over the weekend, but I can't eat everything I ate this last weekend on a regular basis. It was good, though.
Alrighty, so getting up bright and early on Monday to run, Here's hoping I don't psyche myself out! What motivation do you need this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!