Thursday, October 21, 2010

As good as it gets...

I have a confession to make.   I'm afraid I'm not giving you my 100% this week, my blog friends.  Actually, I know I'm not, but I have my reasons.  The migraine did give way this morning, but I'm now left with the feeling of pure exhaustion.  Combine that with too much to do at work, and I'm half tempted to hide under my ginormous desk rocking back and forth in the fetal position chewing on my hair. However, I have come to work today with reinforcements.  Those reinforcements come in the form of Dove chocolate promises.  (These things are amazing!)  As I nibble on my little pieces of chocolaty goodness, the best I can give all of you today are a few random updates in the world of Nain and T.  So without further ado....
 
My new computer is off and running.  We had a little bit of trouble in getting the computer to connect to our at-home wireless router, but because T is so amazing and technologically savvy, it is now fixed and working.  And it's a beautiful thing, a truly beautiful thing. I can now leave my state-issued computer, which weighs about 10 lbs in its carrying bag, is slower than Moses, and has a green vertical line that is permanently placed in the left part of the screen, at work.  My back thanks me.  My eye sight thanks me, and so does my sanity. 
 
One of my Dove chocolate promises I just ate had a saying  on the wrapper I just read that I must share with you:  "Here's to something more powerful than chocolate...Hope."  I'm sorry, but there isn't anything more powerful than chocolate.  Maybe caffeine, but that's even a stretch.  Sorry, Dove, you're off the mark with that one.  I'm going to put that one in the same category as "Have a happy period" statements on Always pads.  (Every time I open one of those and read that, I say "screw you" to whoever came up with that statement.) 
 
Speaking of new things, we get a couch this weekend.  A brand new couch.  See, when we moved in together, we got my old P.O.S. couch and T's love seat and chair.  My couch is older than I am and was given to me for free by my parent's neighbor, and T's stuff is in perfect condition and relatively new.  T was hesitant to spend the money to get said couch, until I pointed out the piece of metal sticking out the back of the couch, and he finally caved.  We were able to pay it off in full with wedding money, and it's being delivered on Saturday.  The question now is what to do with the old couch.  Obviously it's going to be donated somewhere, but neither of us has a truck.  That leaves us to contacting some place to pick it up.  These places need 2 week notices to get furniture.  We don't have a ton of extra room to just keep a full sized couch, so we might have to just set this puppy on the curb sometime, which will really make us look classy.  I might have T go out there and sit on the couch with a can of PBR to add to the class appeal.  And put the thing on the porch and not the curb.  Add a wife beater to that.  Hot, isn't it?  So anyone want an old couch?  Just make sure you're current on your tetanus booster before you come get it. 
 
I am selling Mary Kay.   Yep, I am.  In addition to other ventures I am checking out to help around the house with income, I will be selling Mary Kay part time.  I don't have a link up here yet to take orders, but if you are interested, let me know.  I'm going to try to add that link shortly, but I can email you the link if you love Mary Kay products and need a dealer.  Because then I'm your girl.  I love the stuff myself, so it just seems natural that now I'll be selling it.  Stay tuned for a Mary Kay giveaway in the future for all of my readers. 
 
OK, that's all the random I have in me for this afternoon...until next time! 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Dove chocolates are awesome. I think I need to find me a caramel one now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO Mary Kay! That's exciting! Definitely let me know when you have a link and what products you would recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I want chocolate!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really is nothing better than chocolate! Enjoy the new laptop sitting on your new couch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image of T in a wife beater on the old couch is pretty classy. But he'll need to grow out a mullet to make it perfect.

    I'm glad your head is getting better! Don't worry, this blog is your space. We love when you post, but don't feel obligated to meet any expectations. Your blog will always be here; you're welcome to take breaks. Especially when your head is at the brink of exploding.

    Enjoy your new laptop and new couch! Those are very exciting things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps. when I get some extra money I would love to buy Mary Kay from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with the chocolate,, only a man would think a) something is more powerful than chocolate and b) that any woman has a "happy" period... men...

    check out my blog @ amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're definitely right about the Always pads. The words "Happy" and "Period" should never come within reach of each other. Congrats on the Mary Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Happy" period?? Are they serious?
    It's like saying "have a happy illness"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!