Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Who? Who? Who? HOOSIERS!

This weekend I will be exposing T to a whole new world, a world of Hoosier football.  Yes, IU football tends to suck, and we haven't won a bowl game since the mid 70s, but that's not why I go.  I go for the school spirit, the festivities, the revelry.  I go for the atmosphere.  T has never been to a college football game before, so I'm choosing to break him in with a nice tailgate experience and game at my Alma mater.  We're playing Northwestern, so the game is bound to be good.  Of course, considering my school is last in the Big Ten, it's doubtful we'll win, but I don't care.  I'm just looking forward to enjoying a lovely fall day with my husband, two of my good friends, and everyone else and their second cousin at IU. 
I'm kind of stoked, too, because the tickets my friend found for us are part of a package deal.  We get crappy seats, yes, but we get free hot dogs, popcorn and a soda...and all for $20 per person!  When she emailed me at work, asking if that was OK instead of more expensive seats with a better view, I said "Honey, you had me at free hot dog."  I don't pass up free stuff, folks, and when you go to a school where the football team could be beaten by a decent high school team, you take what you can get. 
So that's what I'm looking forward to this week.  It'll make the week go by maybe just a smidge faster.  I better use this time to freshen up on my IU cheers. 

Who? Who?  Who?  HOOSIERS!

Because going to an IU game is a treasure (and spending the day at an IU game with me, too), I'm linking this post up with Chantel's Small Treasure Tuesdays - check out what other treasures people have to share this week!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! I can't wait to hear about it! I love college ball and all the energy of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love college football. We're heading to my alma mater too (UVA) for the Univ. of Miami game on Saturday. A divided household since hubby went to Miami. Doubtful UVA will win, but it's always a good time! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - my college didn't have a football team, so I'm all ignorant of the experience, but I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Honey, you had me at free hot dog."

    ...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds way fun! I have yet to go to my first college football game too. Make sure you let us know how it goes! :-)

    Thanks so much for linking up

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!