Thursday, October 14, 2010

Patience, grasshopper...

Today's post is a hard one for me to write.  Yesterday, I found myself very frustrated and down as I came home from work.  Because of privacy issues, I won't go into details, but let's just say both T and I are frustrated at two equally difficult things right now.  Have you ever known exactly what you want but not have a clue how to get it?  That's the predicament where both of us are in right now.  Neither of us are patient people either.  We want change, and we want it to be immediate.  (And no, this is not about our marriage for those of you who are reading this and going "um...are you guys OK?"  Because we are.  No worries.  We couldn't be happier.  This involves something different.) 
Both of us are very driven people.  Its why we went for the professions we chose, the legal profession and engineering.  We both knew what we wanted, and we both worked our butts off to get it.  However things do change.  Circumstances happen, and what you thought you wanted at the beginning is not what you want in the end.  You see the goal in sight, you know what it is, but you cannot achieve it.  Or, at least you can achieve it, but you have to be patient and work slowly at it in order to achieve it.  Let me be clear.  I'm not the tortoise,  folks.  I'm more like the hare.  Slow and patient is not my style.  For example, when we went to get a couch this last weekend, we looked for a matter of 30 minutes before I said "yep, this is it."  I knew what I wanted, and walking around I quickly narrowed down the choices I didn't want until I made my decision.  Did I want to shop around?  Heck no.  Why would I when I found the perfect fit?  I'm like that with a lot of things in life.  (It has its advantages, but it has its disadvantages, too.)
It's equally as frustrating for me when I see something not-so-great and unfair happening to someone I love, but I can't do a thing about it.  That's what's going on with T right now.  I'm pretty protective, so of course, the second I see him in trouble, I want to hurt the person causing said trouble and fix the problem.  It's how I roll. However, life isn't like that.  It's the whole "being patient" part that I have to remind myself to do.  Patience, grasshopper, patience.  However, that doesn't mean I can't get frustrated.
I know I'm being incredibly vague, and for that, I apologize.  I guess I needed to vent and get it out there.  Last evening my mind was a mess of confusion, frustration and worry, and unfortunately nothing I was going to do that night was going to fix it.  Don't think I didn't try to think of solutions in my head on how to fix it.  I did that, but nope, just time and patience and hard work would take care of the problem.  That and a little faith and prayer, too. 
....I just wish I were the patient type. 

However, because I don't like to end things on a negative note, one of the fabulous ladies from my crit group, Gabriela Lessa, asked me to do a guest post for Women's Fiction Month on her blog, so stop by and check it out and also read some of the other awesome interviews she has gotten so far this month.  I truly feel honored to be a part of such a great group!


 

5 comments:

  1. I hoped venting helps, and I hope that whatever is happening is resolved for the best - and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is always the worst virtue since everyone wants it but no one can wait to get it. I hope everything smooths out for him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from Blog Frog. Please come stop by my blog anytime.

    Jennifer
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things are looking up. I agree with Megan, I hope that writing everything out helped you, and my positive thoughts and prayers are directed towards you in the hope that things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh- I'm like you-- decisive and impatient... not having control or having to wait out somoeone else's timeline can drive me nuts. yes, as you say: Patience, Grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!