Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Have you seen it?

My motivation, that is.  Have you?  Because I sure could use it this week.  My blog friends, you dear Nain is a big incapacitated this week.  I'm at a loss for really interesting blog posts, because, well, a migraine has taken over my body and mind and has me down for the count this week.  Let me just say that I despise migraines.  I hate them with a passion.  I have gotten them since high school, and they range from the ones where medicine will take care of the pain to the ones where no amount of drugs will subside the throbbing in my temples, which leaves me huddled in the fetal position on the couch, lights off, TV turned down, and heating pad on.  That was me last night.  I took Advil, I took my migraine medicine and lastly, I took Excedrin PM to knock me out.  I thought said headache had subsided, until I got in the car and started driving to work.  Then the throbbing began again, and it hasn't left. 

I wish I could entertain with you with some kind of interesting story or beautiful prose, but no, my head won't let me do that today.  In fact, it won't let me look at the computer screen for too long because of the brightness and glare.  I promise to be back tomorrow with a better attitude and much brighter outlook on life, as well as hopefully a good post.  For now, I will leave you with a game of "I'd rather..."  Things I'd rather do than have this headache...

I'd rather be stuck in rush hour traffic than be here with this headache...

I'd rather have my teeth cleaned by my dentist as I'm simultaneously going through a gynecological exam than have this headache...

I'd rather have nails driven into my hands than have this headache...

I'd rather be forced to watch The View nonstop for 24 hours than have this headache...

I'd rather be stuck in an all day termination trial than be saddled with this headache...

What would your "I'd rather.." things be? 





12 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Drink lots of water!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather be hanging out with you, shopping and getting coffee, than sitting here at work with nothing to do and you there suffering with a migraine! Hugs to you sweetie and I hope it starts to get better soon. I second the above comment- lots and lots and lots of water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather be home sitting on my couch watching a bunch of chic flicks than be at work today. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you start feeling better!!!!

    I am sending your email shortly! And your prizes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a frequent sufferer of migraines as well and it could be 3 things:
    1. change in morning routine )that brought on migraine this morning)
    2. stress (cluster headaches that feel just like migraines)
    3. pregnancy (although the migraines abated when I was pregnant)
    As little as a change in your coffee or caffeine intake could be to blame.
    Sorry you're hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl I feel for you, I get migraines to and they are the worst!! Hope it goes away quickly and you can get back to your normal self!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would rather be at home reading, or out shopping then be working.

    I'm so sorry about your migraine, I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless your heart. I get migraines like that, too. And ya' know what...I hate the View...but I would endure 24 hours of that rather than a migraine:)

    I am stopping by from Chic Chick. I really love what I'm seeing so I think I'll grab a button!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just got paid today, so i would rather by shopping and spending it!!!! :) great post...

    check out my blog @ amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. I'm sorry Nain!
    I'd rather be in a class full of 10-year-old kids, than be sick with this cold... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd rather be on vacation than stuck at work! Hope your migraine stays gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how terrible migraine headaches can be. I get them all the time.

    I'd rather be sleeping than pretending that I'm working on my paper.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!