Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Confessions

As Usher would say...these are my confessions....

I had a fail yesterday with the whole stress management thing.  Guess I'll be starting over again today!


When I'm driving alone in my car, I'll blast the radio and sing at the top of my lungs to (insert your favorite Reo Speedwagon or Chicago ballad here).  And I always know all the words.


I miss beer.  There, I said it. 


I'm excited for the new fall shows to start...mostly because that means Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill will be back.  And no, I am not a 14 year old girl.  I'm a 30 year old woman who likes to watch teen shows. 

I can't eat salad.  Before the pregnancy, sure I'd eat salad all the time.  But ever since I've become pregnant,


I take a bite of salad and want to spit it out like I'm some petulant three year old refusing my dinner. 


I played Barbies with my niece Roo the other day, and I think I had more fun than her brushing their hair.  And these were totally 1980s Barbies that my sister and I used to play with - big hair, big bangs, blue eyeshadow...the works. 

Every year when they have "back to school" stories about students returning to IU in the fall, it makes me really really wish I were still in college.    So much fun!  I miss it. 


Back in college, I may or may not have owned the N-Sync Christmas CD.  Don't judge me. 


When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a ballerina (and I'm 5'1" so that should have been interesting)


I have had a friend text me on a date to see if I needed to 'fake' an emergency to get out of a bad date.  And I have done that on more than one occasion. 


I'm actually really scared about the physically having a baby part.  I may or may not have had several nightmares about dying while having the c-section surgery.  So yeah, I'm freaked out. 


I slept with an old stuffed animal of T's from when he was a kid next to me every night he was gone in Death Valley.  It reminded me of him...


So those are just a few of my confessions.  What are some of yours?




 

4 comments:

  1. I have slept with a stuffed animal of MJ's too, when I've been sick and sleeping in the sofa. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may or may not still own the N-Sync Christmas Cd.

    Btw, hi! I found you from Maureen at Adventures in the Underground and have been stalking, I mean lurking, I mean reading (that's less creepy, right) your blog for a little bit and had to comment on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own the N-Sync Christmas CD but my sister does and we definitely listen to it every year. I think my mom likes it best, though :) And I'm sorry you miss beer. I would totally miss it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! I'll have to write a confession blog post... And I had the N*Sync Christmas CD too. Haha. Also, I love watching teen shows! If we lived closer we could do a teen show marathon! I'd bring the popcorn.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!