Monday, August 29, 2011

Motivation Monday

Motivation Monday

It's a new week, which means a new motivation!  Well, this one is not a "new" one for me per se.  It's something I've always struggled with:  stress management.


Back in college, I took a "fluff" course called "Stress Management."  It was my junior year, and I thought "hey, easy A, right?"  Ha.  Would it surprise you all to know that I did not get an A in this class?  Yeah, quite the opposite.  I managed to squeak out a B minus.  And that was pushing it.  I'm just not good at stress management, what can I say?  (Well, actually, a lot of that is attributed to skipping class.  BUT, in my defense, who puts a course like that at 4:15 on Thursday afternoons?)


In my line of work, stress is a given.  I knew that going in.  However, now that I don't have just myself to consider here but a baby as well, I have no choice.  I must learn how to handle the stress.  With my heart condition, keeping my blood pressure down is vital.  With the hormones working against me, keeping my stress level down isn't always easy.  Last week particularly was one of those high stress weeks at work.  Every day I came home tired, stressed and anxious.  Not good for the lil' one. 


So it's my goal this week to find ways to cope with work stress.  Because let's face it - it's not going to go away just because I'm pregnant.  I need to find ways to stay on task a little better and to calm down when I feel myself about ready to lose it.  Take a walk when I'm getting anxious.  Not take work home with me in the evenings.  And I'm open to suggestions here because we're at a Stage Five Stress Warning.  Stage Five, folks.  That's some serious stuff. 


So what's your motivation for the week?  To participate, just write up a post this week about what motivation you may need, leave a link to it in a comment, and I'll add you to the list! 


Have a great week everyone!

Chloe @ My New Life as a Housewife
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm just like you!
    Stress management? I've had to deal with several anxiety attacks and it's no fun.
    Also, had heart problems due to stress when I was in college. English-Spanish consecutive or simultaneous interpreting is too stressing!!
    What if I make a mistake and say something different from what the speaker said? What if that leads to the World War III (in case I was working for the European Union or the United Nations)?? Too much responsibility and too much stress.
    Sigh. I wish I knew how to manage stress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I could find some "sort of" motivation!
    http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com/2011/08/banana-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress management, huh? Take 10-15 minutes in the morning and then in the afternoon, shut your office door, silence your phone or even send all calls straight to voice mail, and turn off your lights. And just sit and rub your belly. It will work. I promise. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!