Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Football is a treasure


It's Tuesday!  Time for some small treasures with Chantel!  My small treasure this Tuesday is football.  We spent a glorious Saturday watching some good IU football and enjoying beautiful fall weather.  It was amazing.  Sure, IU lost....but...that was to be expected, and honestly, my expectations were pretty low. 

We headed down to Btown with our good friends Annie and Steph.  I volunteered to be the sober driver for the day's adventures because, let's admit it, I've had my fun at IU, and it was Annie and T's first game there.  It was a brisk day, but we warmed up and loaded the car with drinks and snacks and got there early and in time for some good tailgating.  We look cold in this picture, but happy to be there!
My friend Steph got us a good deal on tickets, and we got a four pack of seats for $20 per ticket.  They were in the nose bleed section, but the benefit was that you got a voucher for free soda, hot dog, and popcorn.  I mean, those puppies paid for themselves!  Our row number was 69, and it was quite a hike to get up to the seats, but we made it.  (I was hacking by the time we got up there because I've been the little miss sick girl this whole past week...)  So, here's the view from our seats...you know, the view from up here? (Ha)

 Good thing my camera has a decent lens, though.  I did manage to get some shots of the players....
 T, of course, being the Michigan fan that he is just had to point out the fact that, unlike Michigan games, there were a lot of empty seats at the IU stadium.  Oh, sweet and innocent T...welcome to a school that doesn't have an extraordinarily great football team.  I mean, to me, compared to my days at IU, the stadium looked pretty darn full, but oh well..
 IU didn't win, but they did put up one heck of a fight against Northwestern.  It was 17-20.  We had a great time, and it was a beautiful day.  Here we are, me, of course, throwing up my gangsta pose because I am SO gangsta.
After the game we headed to the bars to experience a little bit of the college life.  I was more than happy to play chauffeur to our crew, and we had a great time.  It was one of those classic days with some awesome friends.  We've made a pact to make it to a game every year, this being our first one.  I say it's a great tradition.

So stop by Chantel's blog to read what other Small Treasures people have to share this Tuesday!


 

6 comments:

  1. Cute pictures, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love some college football on a beautiful fall day! We got the same kind of fun at UVA. And believe it or not, UVA beat Miami, which was a huge upset, especially to Jeremy (who went to grad school at Miami). Glad you had just as good of a time as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such fun! Your pictures are very cute too :) That's a great pact- to go every year.

    I need to go to my first college game too...

    Thanks for linking up! PS. You are SO gangsta :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love going to football games. Living on the west coast of Florida doesn't offer up much in the way of pigskins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun!!! Gotta love fall football!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be because of how close it is to lunch. But that football game food sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!