Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekly accomplishments

As part of my new gig as an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay, I have to turn in "weekly accomplishments" sheets with my Sales Director about how my business is going, any questions I have about selling the product, etc.  It's kind of a way for her to see if I need any assistance in any area and also to just keep a record of how things are going.

So yesterday, when I was entering in my "accomplishments" for the week, that got me thinking...during the week it's always "rush, rush, rush, go, go, go" and all I can focus on is getting to Friday evening and relaxing for the weekend.  I never really look back on my week and take credit for how it went.  I mean, what if I really kicked some ass this week?  I'm usually too tired to care, and all I can focus on is getting through the next week.  It's kind of depressing, if you think about it, and I think we should all take credit for how we did during the week and appreciate ourselves just a little bit more.  You know, give credit where credit is due? 

So how did I do this week?  Well, let's see...

I made it to the gym and worked out every single day this week, Sunday through Friday.  Wednesday was with my personal trainer, and two other days I did exercises she taught me the week before.  Yay, Motivation Monday!

On Sunday, I had my Mary Kay debut party, and it was a hit!  Mostly my family came, but I sold a lot of product and booked two more parties by the end of the year.  So yay for that!  (Side note:  Any of you interested in possibly purchasing some Mary Kay, email me :-)  Don't you love my plug?  I'm such a sales person...)

I helped settle a termination of parental rights trial successfully on Thursday, which is always a good thing.  Adoption consents were signed, and everything was smooth and civil...the way I like it. 

I practiced my viola once this week, which is quite an accomplishment.  Sometimes it gets hard to find 30 minutes here and there to dedicate to that, but I did manage to pick up the instrument at least once this week so yay me!

I wrote an article for the Examiner.com about changes in our local government.  My goal is to get back to writing 2-3 articles a week, but I will settle for one article at this point.

I got to catch up with a really good friend on the phone the other day which is a feat in and of itself.  There never seems to be enough time to call someone or email, so it was refreshing to get to just chat for 30 minutes and catch up.  I consider that an accomplishment, too. 

Sure, while I didn't get everything I wanted to get done this week taken care of (ahem, my manuscript and critiquing 2 more manuscripts for my crit group...), it is nice to look back on the week and go "hey, I actually did something this week!" 

What about all of you?  What did you accomplish this week?


 



5 comments:

  1. You practiced your viola?? How much more amazing can you get? Geez.

    Honestly, my biggest accomplishment is that I didn't baby powder my hair any this week. Oh and the laundry is done! (By done, I mean in the dryer... )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, girl! You are one busy woman! Way to go in getting that stuff done. My biggest accomplishment was fixing our vacuum this week. Small, but huge relatively speaking compared to the rest of my week! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been pretty busy over here. Well I didn't work on my manuscript so that's pretty bad. But I did volunteer at my kids school. I finally got my header and button done for my blog. We took family pics, and I managed to get to the hair salon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you sure have been busy! I think it's a great idea to write up your weekly accomplishments! I want to do that too, it's very important to focus on those things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do this more often! Look at all that you've accomplished in a week. That's impressive.

    Me? I'm just happy I made it through 7 days without injuring myself or anyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!