Monday, November 8, 2010

Motivation Monday!

So I'm starting this new tradition, for those of you who aren't aware....it's Motivation Monday!  For me, it's motivation to be healthy and to get in shape and lose those extra pounds that have seemed to sneak up on me over the years.  However, Motivation Monday doesn't have to be just about losing weight.  I feel that anyone needs a good boost of motivation on Mondays, because, let's face it...Mondays suck.  They just do.  I think we can all benefit from a good boost of motivation.

I so need to create a button, and if I knew how to do that, I would.  Anyone got tips on how to do this?  Because I'd love to get a good button in on this action.  So just let me know if you know what you're doing in terms of design and bloggy stuff...

So last week T and I made the big decision to join a gym.  Yes, we are certified gym folk now.  We joined last Tuesday and have already used it four times.  It's kind of nice because it's good to get a break from the normal exercise I do at home, and plus, if you're paying for it...and you're cheap like us, well then, you'll use it.  

We've also signed up to do the Mini Marathon here in Indy next May.  I'll be walking, and T will be running.  God help us :-)  I calculated my time for walking, and it looks like at a 15:00 mile/minute pace, I'll be walking well over 3 hours and 30 minutes.  Of course, I normally do a 13:30 pace, but I'm just being realistic with my goal setting, I suppose...

I am also motivated by these ladies at Reasons to Lose.  These ladies are in a three month contest to motivate each other, get healthy and see which participant can lose the most.  But it's not just about weight loss...it's also about exercises for your mind and spirit, as well, and your self esteem.  I know I could use some help in that area as well, so I am vicariously participating with these ladies and following them to see how they succeed as well.

What about you?  What motivates you this week?  Feel free  to try the new linky tool at the bottom of the screen, write a post, linking back to my blog and make it about what motivates YOU.  I can't wait to read what you all have to share!!!



 

5 comments:

  1. I just joined a gym last monday! wow, that's funny... I am not going to try to run or walk any race any time soon though. I did a 3K earlier this yeard (and yes i know that's only a little over a mile) and it killed me! the hills! oh well.. I am going to be using my gym membership though, yay new gymbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What motivates me? My wedding!!!
    I'm usually very lazy when I'm at home, but today I was hyperactive, doing lots of things for my wedding and our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can make you a button, just tell me what you want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm motivated to get on my treadmill. Tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nain, thanks for the shout out! I am so excited that you're joining us. And man, motivation is the toughest part! I linked up Chantel's Motivation post, because I thought it fit right in.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!