Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Small Treasure Tuesday: Our new home!



Who are those happy people?  And where are they?


 

Oh that's just T and me.  Standing in our very own lot where we will begin construction on our new home in just a few months!  We're building a home!  
I'd like to say this is a small treasure, but it's not.  It's a huge one.  A gigantic one of immense proportions.  I know that I have shared my troubles with our current rental, including ant problems, mice problems, squirrel infestations, you name it...well, last week's pest infestation was kind of the last straw for us.  Our lease was officially up as of Wednesday last week, so we're taking the plunge into home ownership.  Yay!
We've put the earnest money down and have signed the purchase agreement, and we are a go to get financing and become official home owners.  The exciting part is we will get to work with a design center through our builder, Beazer Homes, to customize our house just as we like it.  We're building a four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, two story home with a full basement.  It's incredible.  If everything goes as planned we will be closing on the home in late April or early May, just in time for my big 30th birthday. 
Maybe the mouse was a sign from God that it was time for us to make this move.  Who knows?  All I know is that T and I have a bunch to be thankful for this year. We're extremely blessed.  Sometimes I have a hard time looking at our life and thinking "is this my life?  Is this all really happening?" 
I'm sure I'll keep you posted with pictures as the house building process begins, but for now, we just have an empty lot with an "under contract" sign.  So exciting!
Stop by Chantel's blog and check out the other treasures people have to share today! 

 
 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both! It's a big step, and honestly I'm so jealous, while going through my "stench" house problems as of late!

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you! This is going to be so awesome! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYY! Soo SOOO SOOOOO excited for you!!!
    Can't wait to see the pictures of the building process!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is awesome! Can't wait to follow along on the process - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngratulations! This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is really exciting! Can't wait to see pictures as the process unfolds! Congratulations to you both, what an amazing thing to be doing as a newly married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you have made the right decision. It's so exciting having not only a home, which you have now, but a house of your own. It's yours and you can do what you want. Of course, there is the flip side. You also have to deal with all the other things home ownership entails. But, it's yours and that's what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a huge treasure!

    I finally set up the linky... I'll do better next week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!