Monday, November 15, 2010

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday

It's the start of another week, which means...it's Nain's Motivation Monday!  See the button?  Isn't it awesome?  I am so stoked that my best friend Erika designed it for me, and I love it.  So, the dealio with this meme is...write a post this week (or today, since it is Monday and all...) about what is motivating YOU this week.  On the right, you'll see some html you can copy and paste it into your post.  Also, be sure to link back to my blog in your post and spread the word!  I think we can all use a little motivation, don't you?

My motivation this week?  Personal training.  T and I went to a free session with a personal trainer at our new gym on Thursday.  I was a little hesitant, because, with my heart condition, I can't really do heavy weight lifting, but it was great because all of the strength exercises we learned using only our body weight.  It really worked our muscles.  I was feeling it for days.  It physically hurt to sit myself down in a chair or get up from the chair.  We have one more free session with her this week, and after doing some looking at the budget, we've decided that it is worth it to invest in meeting with her on a regular basis. 

My big problem is that I get to the gym and I either hit the treadmill or the elliptical for 45 minutes, and then I leave.  No strength training, nothing other than just the cardio.  I'm like a hamster running on a wheel.  Well, that is only enough for me to maintain my weight, but I need to lose weight.  Looking at my BMI and fat percentage, I realize now more than ever that I do need to lose some poundage.  And I want to lose it the right way.  No fad diets, no quick loss and then it all comes back.  I want to lose it and keep it off.  So we've decided to start meeting with this trainer, and I couldn't be more excited.  And nervous, because, boy, if I feel like I felt the days after our first workout, this chick is going to kick my ass. 

I know we can do it, but I do worry about the holidays and how that will play into my plan to get in shape.  Any suggestions?

So please link up and tell me about what motivates you this week!  Have a great Monday!



2 comments:

  1. I think i am going to start doing the motivation monday since I am on not only a weightloss journey, but trying to get that damn book written,, keep a lookout for mine today...

    check out my blog @ amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to write a post about motivation tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!