Monday, March 21, 2011

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday


Here we are at another week...and you know what that means!  Motivation Monday!

Here's how it works...you just write a post about what is motivating you this week.  It can be anything at all!  (I promise....anything!  I do not judge :-)  Comment on this post with a link to your Motivation Monday post, and I'll link you up!


My motivation this week is to kick my own ass in working out.  See, with St. Patrick's Day this last week, I kind of started slacking on the eating.   When you're drinking lots of Guinness, you need to soak it up with whatever junk food is available.  And it was delicious!  But...not so good to for losing those love handles.  So, it's time to kick it into high(er) gear. 


This week I plan to work out and hit the gym every day.  I have my personal trainer appointment on Wednesday, and I plan to work on the elliptical or treadmill on my other days.  That and stop with the snacking!  I need to steer clear of the candy dishes my coworkers have in plain view on their desks.  Bad, Nain, bad! 


I've found that using the "interval" program on the elliptical pushes me more than just doing it at a solid pace for 45 minutes.  This came at the suggestion of my personal trainer who said that keeping your heart right, while good, doesn't really push you over that plateau needed to help lose weight.  I sweat like a whore in church, but it seems to get the work done. 


So what about you?  What's motivating YOU this week? 





 



7 comments:

  1. Here's my post!! http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekend-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how sore I am from all the furniture building on Saturday and house cleaning on Sunday, I think I actually need a day off! Good luck for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy dishes are evil. That interval idea sounds like a good one...I may have to try that (should I ever get myself to exercise again).

    Good luck!!!

    http://www.spoiledmenagerie.com/2011/03/motivation-monday-getting-heck-outta.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm right there with ya on the whole junk food thing! I too knocked back a few and had to chase it with a chocolate cookie/extra butter popcorn combo! But I dis manage a small workout the next day, so I call it even. As usual you can find my motivation on thecoffeeqweenblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a post! Sorry it's a little gross... that's life!
    http://rediscoveringdomesticity.com/2011/03/21/motivation-monday-spring-cleaning/

    I have quite a great respect for people who actually exercise beyond chasing kids and doing housework!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the excercise... You know i've never used the interval on the elliptical.. maybe i'll give that a try this week..

    Here is my post (you know I nothing if not loyal!)

    http://www.amberlashell.com/2011/03/motivation-monday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!