Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pay it Forward


So my good friend Chloe over at My New Life as a Housewife got this idea (I forget from who...sorry, Chloe!), and I was one of the first five on her blog to comment so....I'm doing my part and paying it forward,too!


So the first 5 of you to comment on this blog will receive something special and homemade from me.  Now I feel that I must give a disclaimer at this point.  I never have been, nor will I ever be, a crafty person.  Trust me on this.  Whenever my sister-in-law used to try to help me with crafts for gifts or showers, I'd usually end up throwing my hands in the air in frustration exclaiming that I sucked at life.  (This is not an exaggeration.  This was what happened when we were making my sister's baby shower invitations and I couldn't manage gluing little pastel squares on the front of each card.)  My mother tried to teach me how to crochet once, and that lasted a matter of 2 minutes.  I threw the needles on the coach and said I sucked at life.  (See a pattern here?)


BUT, I'm willing to take the challenge here.  Because I do love my readers, and well, I do love a challenge.  However, I cannot be held responsible for the quality of my handmade products.  So I'm just putting that disclaimer out there because the attorney in me feels I must :-) 


So the first five of you who comment will get a special handmade surprise from Nain.  But you must repost this and do the same in order to pay it forward!


Now what to make, what to make....


 
 
 
 



6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll make something great!
    I can't wait to receive something handmade by/from you!!
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I am thinking now about what I will make. Can I post this next week or does it need to be now?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds awesome! i love gettting stuff, anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this on my Facebook status! I think it's such a great idea. tomorrow I will post it up on my blog. For my cousin I am making cupcakes, for my friend who is having her first baby I am making a blanket and some hair bows. Still haven't decided what to make for everyone else. But it's nice to make something for people just because. Not for a birthday or holiday. And since they don't know when you will gift it it's a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this makes me so sad that I was away from the computer last week! Dang... my laptop wouldn't start.

    But I would love to see pictures of what you make for the above lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!