Last week, Gretchen at Second Blooming chose "things I hate" as the Spin Cycle topic, and it only seems appropriate that this week's topic is "things I love." Gotta balance that negativity with some positive, right?
To me, it's the little things in life that make my day and make me smile...so this is by no means a comprehensive list, and they aren't ranked in an order of favorites or anything. I'm just listing things as they come to my mind.
1. Aubrey's smile - seriously, how could this not make you smile?
2. Snuggling in T's arms - I always feel so happy and safe when I'm in his arms
3. Spending the weekend just the three of us
4. Days off - I am in desperate need of a vacation. Luckily we have one coming up in July!
5. (Disclaimer: I'm not an alcoholic) A nice glass of wine at the end of a long, stressful day
6. T's honey chicken stir fry - YUM!
7. A cup of coffee in the morning
8. Cake Boss - watching this show always makes me smile, as does watching an episode of Hoarders (Hey, don't judge!)
9. Christmas - I love the holiday season...the decorations, buying people presents, the music, all of it!
10. Hearing T tell me he loves me - not just verbally but also in the things he does and the way he acts
11. Staying in on a rainy, cold day - curled up with a good TV show, a blanket and cup of ho-cho
13. Chocolate of any kind, variety, you name it
14. A nice walk with my loves
15. The satisfaction that comes with cleaning the house and seeing the final product all nice and pretty
16. My Mary Kay business - seriously, it empowers me so much and I just love doing it and making others feel good about themselves, too
17. The blogger friends I have made out there - never in a million years would I think that just blogging would connect me with such wonderful people all over the world! I love it!
18. Guinness (Did you really think I wouldn't have this on here?) A nicely (properly) poured pint of Guinness. Preferably in an Irish pub.
19. Taking pictures and capturing memories
20. Helping those in need - I love this part of my job. Our mission is to give equal access to justice for those who aren't able to afford the resources or don't have access to them. It can be crazy, but it's something about which I'm passionate, and I truly love being able to give back in this manner.
Notice that my list of happy things out numbers my list of things I hate? I surprisingly enjoyed writing this list more than I did the other list! Thanks, Gretchen, for the awesome topic!