Monday, May 14, 2012

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday


 Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I hate seeing weekends go...I love the time I get to spend with my family and...well...not working?  But at least we're starting the week off with a little motivation?  Who doesn't need that first thing on a Monday morning?  Hope you can join in on the fun!  Super easy to do...just write a post about what is motivating you this week, link my blog somewhere in that post, and then leave a link to your post in a comment.  And I'll add you to the list!

So yes, I'm still working hard on my fitness and losing the baby weight, so it's a given that that will continue to be my motivation  But this week I need motivation for something else.

 
Stay on task. 


Must stay on task.

 
I'm not sure when it happened but I do believe I have Adult A.D.D.  Sure, it's not diagnosed, and I'm no medical profession, but man...I sure can't keep focus to save my life.  "Oooh, a shiny object!"  And I'm notoriously bad at starting a task, then losing focus and beginning another and then another and another until my desk looks like a land mine hit it and I've basically accomplished nothing in 8 hours.  I'm ashamed to admit that this does happen quite often for me. 

 
It's not that I don't have a ton to do.  God knows I do.  I think my problem is I get so overwhelmed with my list of things to accomplish and I can't stay focused.  So I'm wondering..is a "to do" list necessary?  And not just any to do list because if I just say "these are things I need to do this week" I won't get to it until Thursday or Friday.  But maybe a list of things I need to do at work and in my personal life, breaking it down daily so that I can mark things off as I go along.  It'll give me a clearer picture of what needs to be done, and I might stay a little more motivated if I see that I'm actually making progress.  Sure, it might not be enough to conquer my inability to maintain focus, but it's worth a try, right?

 
Maybe this will help with my list of things that I have yet to accomplish?


How about all of you?  How do you stay on task? 


So that's my motivation for the week...what about you all?  I can't wait to read them! 
 


Side note...in a few weeks I want to do a Q&A but with Miss Aubrey...so if you have any questions you want her to answer, leave them in an email or comment!  She'll answer anything unless she needs to plead the fifth :-)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!