Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Aubrey's First Fourth

I cannot even believe that it has taken me so long to post pictures from July 4th or our vacation, but better late than never, right?  It's hard to think back to the 4th, but I was looking through the cute pictures yesterday, so there was no way I couldn't share. 


So T and I started our July 4th off early by leaving work early so that we could go to Aubrey's daycare and see their Red, White and Blue parade.  They were going to have it on the track outside, but since the temperature was somewhere near 100 degrees, they did it inside in the school hallways.  It was loud.   Very loud.  A whole bunch of toddlers and preschoolers with noise machines.  Ironically, the infants were the quietest bunch there. 


So we had bought Aubrey an adorable outfit for her day.  Cutest dress ever.  Of course I think every dress she wears is cute, but I really liked this one.  Here's Mommy and Aubrey before the parade.



They were supposed to put the babies in these buggy things, but they didn't have enough to go around, so we marched in the parade.  Aubrey weighs somewhere around 19 lbs now so T got to carry her through the hallways.




Family picture after the parade....



The next day we got up bright and early because T was running a six mile race that morning.  It was hot, but at least it was early.  After wishing T luck, Aubrey and I went to the start line to cheer him on.

"Run fast, Daddy!"

Here we are showing our pride for our country at the start line.  It took me a few tries to get Aubrey to hold that flag properly.




We went inside this place called The City Market while he was running so we could stay cool.  I took Aubrey up to the second level which had a balcony looking over the first level.  We were sitting there looking over the stores down below when she decided to spit out her pacifier, and down it went to the first floor.  I had to flag down some worker down below to get it for me.  Of course, that thing got sanitized as soon as we got home.  Silly, Aubrey...


She couldn't make it through to the end...by the time we hit the finish line, the poor girl had passed out asleep.  And it was hot.  If you can't tell by T's appearance, of course....




Afterwards, we braved the heat for one more stop - we had to go to the place where T proposed to me three years ago.  This time we were a family of three.  This wasn't the easiest picture, but I had to get one to celebrate the occasion.  We'll try to make it there every year because that truly is the place where our family started.

The rest of the 4th was spent inside packing and getting ready for our big trip, since we were leaving nice and early the next day.  We relaxed, had a cookout and just spent time together just the three of us.  I would say Aubrey had a good first 4th of July!


I promise I'll be back tomorrow with actual vacation pictures! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!