Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lost and found


Second Blooming

Lost and found - that's what this week's topic is on the Spin Cycle with Gretchen at Small Blooming. And I'm feeling a bit random today, so here are some random Nain thoughts on things lost and found...


I've lost my mind and sense of organization recently.  I may as well not have a calendar because I can't, for the life of me, keep things straight.  And I'm constantly all over the place when trying to accomplish a task. 


I need to find my focus again.  Where the hell did it go?  (Looks under bed...)


I've lost sleep over the past four months, but as Aubrey starts to sleep through the night, I think I'll find my energy again.

I lose things all the time when I'm in the living room, and oddy enough...the Stanley Steamer people found all of them when they cleaned our carpets...the nail clippers I thought I lost and bought an additional pair because of it, the original feeding plan I had written out for Aubrey for daycare and then had to rewrite because I lost it...Maybe we need to regularly have them come over.  And why couldn't they find a lost $20 or something?  I used to love that feeling when cleaning out my purse, I would find a spare $5 somewhere. 


I need to lose about 15 pounds, maybe 20.  And I need to find more time and motivation to exercise. 


I need to find some self esteem so the previous statement doesn't bother me so much.


I hate that phrase people say whenever you lose something and are looking forward it:  "It's always the last place you look!"  Of course, it's the last place you look.  Because once you find it, you stop looking, right?  Who do you know looks for something, finds it and then continues to look for it? 


I would like to find more time in the day.  I know we all say that, but seriously...how are you supposed to do it all?  I am constantly amazed at some of the moms I see on Facebook and blogs who manage to do so much with their time.  Some of them need to teach a seminar or something about time management.  Or at least on "How to fake it and look like you've got your shit together 101."  I'd take that course for sure. 


I love it when I go get Aubrey first thing in the morning, and I find her in the most random position in her crib.  We put her in the crib the same way every night, and it always cracks me up how she seems to turn herself around in her sleep.  For a little one who can't crawl yet, she sure knows how to wiggle around!


I need to find a way to end this random post!  I could come up with these all day.  Hop on over to Gretchen's and see what other spinners have lost and found!




8 comments:

  1. Too funny, I got a great laugh... mostly because it so true. I can't lose things I want to lose and can't find things I need to find, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to know I'm not alone in this losing things bit. It is so frustrating, especially when I JUST had it, as in not even two minutes ago it was in my hand! Sometimes it scares me because I think, "Alzheimer's? All ready?? Please God no!"

    So your rant has put my mind to ease, now if I can just remember it. =>


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just yesterday, I was looking for my sunglasses, found them, and then proceeded to look for them AGAIN while they sat on top of my head. It DOES happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! That losing your mind thing is called motherhood! So is the 15 pounds thing. Maybe we should blame the kids for everything!

    I will have you linked by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lose things and can never seem to find them either--but I can find just about anything Nick loses in seconds.
    The phase should be: "the last place I thought to look".
    Bruiser used to be the most mobile sleeper I knew--the kid could certainly put on the mileage, even if it was just in his crib.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lose stuff all the time! It's a special talent of mine. Especially things for work. I think they must all fall into the same black hole or something, or at least that's what I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, once you get a full night's sleep, you will definitely have more energy! Even though my kids are 4 and 7, I still don't always get a good night's sleep, however.

    Popping by from Spin Cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me laugh! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!