Monday, July 2, 2012

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday

Sorry I'm behind today in posting this...normally I'm on the ball and have these puppies ready to go the night before, but...better late than never, right? 


Anyway, it's another Motivation Monday!  What's motivating YOU this week?  Join in by writing up a post of your own, linking up to my post and leaving a link to it in a comment.  And I'll add you to the list!


So my motivation this week comes from something I did yesterday.  I tried on a swimsuit. 


Yikes.  I know....I'm only 4 months off of having a baby.  And it took me nine months to put on the weight, I can't expect it to come off overnight.  And if you're one of those women who has the baby and is suddenly back in the size two jeans you wore prepregnancy...I hate you.  Well, no....that's a little harsh.  I don't you hate.  I just hate your genetics.  Those are totally different animals.    And genetics just isn't fair somethings unfortunately. 


I didn't gain a ton of weight during my pregnancy, but my stomach totally looks unrecognizable.  I hate it, and I hate looking at myself in the mirror.   I know that sounds awful, but my self esteem about how I look right now?  It's about zero. 


I'm trying my best to exercise as much as I can, but it is tough when you're going on so little sleep
and your time is more limited caring for a little one.  T and I kind of have to take turns getting up at 5:30 in the morning to work out because he is training for a a marathon.  Working out in the afternoon isn't always a possibility because, by the time we get the munckin from daycare and get home, it's almost 6.  So I'm having to resign myself to every other day workouts and on weekends.  It's doable, I think.  I just need to silence that little voice in my head that convinces me to sleep instead of getting up.


And I need to work on the sweet tooth.  Stress causes me to reach for chocolate, which is good in the moment but not for the good old waist line.  I feel like Cookie Monster, having that inner struggle when craving something sweet.  Must.....win...at all...costs....


So that's my motivation for the week.  What's yours???

2 comments:

  1. My baby is three now and I still haven't really lost the last ten pounds. Finding motivation and time to exercise is tough--there are so many other demands on my time. I really need to just do it. Easier to say than do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I getcha. Just set realistic goals for yourself and you will make it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!