Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Focusing on the blessings

I think I said on Monday how much I wasn't really looking forward to this week.  Let me just take this time to reiterate that sentiment.  Because I'm already wanting it to be the weekend (writing this on Tuesday, mind you.)  I can't really go into why I am not pleased this week.  I have to be the tough guy, and I hate being the tough guy, as well as confrontations.  Just because I'm a lawyer and am paid to argue does not by any means mean I like confrontations.  So yeah...I'm ready for Friday to get here.
 
 
 
But I don't want to spend the entire time in this blog post just bitching.  I have said my peace.  Let me just say one more thing to vent.
 
 
Balls.
 
 
There.  I feel better.  Anyway, I am going to try to switch my attitude and focus on the blessings.  Because, despite the crap of the week, I have so many blessings, too.  It's not all doom and gloom.  T and I are so incredibly blessed how Sunday ended.  The trip to the ER could have resulted in a much worse result, and it turned out to be something minor in comparison.  We have a healthy and happy baby girl.  Aubrey is our biggest blessing.  I'm blessed to have someone to hold my hand in times like that.  I'm blessed to have T in my life.  I'm blessed we have a roof over our heads.  I'm blessed we can afford the things that we can.  Sure, our budget is tight, but we certainly aren't hurting.   I am blessed that my own health is well.  I am blessed for my family.  And lastly, I am blessed that I do have a job.  No matter how stressful it can be at times. 
 
 
 
So as this week progresses, I am going to try my best to focus on the things that truly matter to me.  Because a lot of what is bringing me down really doesn't, in the end, make much of a difference in my life
 
 
But to these things that are aggravating me?  I just have one thing to say.
 
 
Balls.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!