Friday, April 12, 2013

I think I need to relisten to that Chicago song from yesterday because I could use some inspiration.  It's Friday, and I know I should be all "heck yeah, it's Friday!"  And don't get me wrong...I am glad it's Friday, but I find myself feeling a little down and a little frustrated this morning. 



I'm beyond impatient for the news we are waiting for on T's whole situation.  I'm such an immediate person and expect things to just happen as soon as possible, and it kills me when things are drawn out...especially when the possibility for disappointment is out there.  I'm trying to have faith that it'll all be okay, but I'm not an optimistic person to begin with so being optimistic and patient, while at the same time being strong for T.  I struggle with this:  
 
Images courtesy of versesinspireme.com
 
My own job has its special area of struggles.  Working for a non-profit can be both rewarding and frustrating at the same time.  The financial aspect is always so uncertain.  We rely on funding, private but mostly government, and with the economic climate and cuts in federal funding, we are losing money every year.  Every year, I try like hell to find more, and this year I have a rather large amount to compensate for, and being the boss, my whole agency depends on me and is looking to me for guidelines.  I'm always a challenge person and like to try to solve problems, but sometimes it is just so overwhelming.  Yesterday was one of those days, and I find it carrying over to today.
 
 
So I kind of find myself down in the dumps this morning, quickly falling more into the dumps.  I suck at pulling myself up and out of the dumps, but I'm trying this morning.  I am looking forward to spending the weekend with T and Aubrey.  So I will focus on that and not the weight of the world I feel on my shoulders instead.  Andy maybe listen to that Chicago song just one more time.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yuk! I'm sorry you're feeling all that weight right now. But I think the dumps is pretty crowded, so maybe you won't fall too far down - - there are plenty of people to break your fall! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like you need Simon and Garfunkel's I Am A Rock! Hang in there- if it weren't worth while, you wouldn't be doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!