Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Quotes to live by

Second Blooming
  
This week's Spin Cycle, brought to you by Gretchen at Second Blooming is on quotes.  So I've chosen some quotes that are significant to me and inspire me or capture my feelings at a given moment in time.  I'm a quotes person, and these are just three that I often use: 
 
"Don't let someone dim your light simply  because it's shining in their eyes."
I am often surrounded by negative people.  Not naming names or anything, but not everyone is my cheerleader.  I enjoy a joke now and then, but I often find myself the butt of people's jokes.  So sometimes when I get really excited about something I'm doing or really am working hard at something, and I share it with certain people in my life, it is followed with sarcasm, a joke or a negative jab.  And I'm the kind of person who takes these jabs to heart.  I let them soak into my heart and my mind, and there they fester until I feel pretty much awful about myself.  So I believe it was Real Simple magazine's Daily Quote where I got this particular one.  I have written down and taped to my computer screen, as well as on our refrigerator and I read it when I'm in those moments.  Does it change my mode of thinking?  Not always.  But it's a reminder that sometimes those negative comments are because the person is jealous and feeling insecure that they aren't shining that light. 
 
 
"Cast your fears upon God, for he cares for you." 
 
I repeat this Bible verse over and over in my head in times when I'm particularly scared or anxious about something.  As I walked into the OR for Aubrey's arrival, I said this verse in my prayer as a silent prayer that God would watch over the two of us during surgery.  When I worry about my health, T's job, my job, my family, I'll repeat this over and over again.  It's like my mantra. It may not be a long prayer, but it's one that truly encompasses my thoughts at that given moment.
 
And I know that my previous quotes were serious ones, so I'll end with perhaps an inappropriate quote, but one that keeps me laughing nonetheless....
 
"I'm surrounded by assholes!"
 
And this, my friends is what I think over and over in my  head I deal with some attorneys or well...other people in the world around me, specifically in the grocery store :-).
 
 
 So those are my quotes.  What quotes mean a lot to you?  Stop by Gretchen's and see what other spinners have to share! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I totally love that first one, and it so fits a certain situation in my life right now... just perfect, thanks for sharing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit on something interesting here, I suspect that we'll have a wide variety of quotes this week, because people tend to love a quote because it strikes a powerful chord in them, it resonates in a very personal way, and helps us process and understand. And sometimes it's the simplest thought that is the most moving and helpful. Great quotes!

    You are linked! (At least you will be a little later in the day when I get it posted - sorry that the first person every week always has to wait for me to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first quote is great! I haven't heard it before!

    I remember going to see Spaceballs in the theater with my cousins and just laughing hysterically through the whole thing. So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!