Monday, April 8, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Motivation Monday
 
 
It's time for another Motivation Monday!  So, I survived it...the 15k.  I got up at 6:30 on Saturday morning, thinking "I'm freaking nuts to be doing this," left T in bed and Aubrey in her bed and drove off in the dark to downtown so that I can run 9.3 miles.  Because that's what normal people do, right? 
 
 
I gotta say...the toughest part is the mental block.  That first mile seems endless.  The first three are rough, and every time you pass a marker for a mile you say "Hey!  Only 6 more to go!"  But I did luck out, and it was really nice out to run.  I finished in 1:46:02, doing an 11:26 per mile.  And that time includes one 5 minute potty break.  So I'm pretty proud of myself.  Of course Saturday and most of Sunday I could barely walk, but hey, proud of myself!  I'm not sure if I want to do one more long run before the mini.  It's about three weeks away, so I don't want to overdo it.  I did have a moment when I was running where I realized that last year at this time I couldn't do this, one year ago, I couldn't do this.  Hell, I've never been a runner.  But here I am, congenital heart defect and asthmatic, and I was running 9.3 miles.  Hell yeah!  (I'm not normally one to boast, but dammit, I say that is pretty good, right?)  So for people who say they can't exercise...hey, if I can do it, so can you!
 
 
I kind of gave myself freedom to eat like crap the rest of the weekend.  The reason?  I've lost too much weight.  I'm supposed to stay around 130, but the other day I saw I had slipped to 124.  I'm thinking it's the training and my body burning a lot more than it takes in.  I kind of got lectured by the doctor, so...I kind of let myself have a few treats this weekend.  Of course, I won't let it get out of control, but the size four pants are starting to get loose, and I don't have the fundage to buy new clothes.  Nor should I.  So I think I should probably focus now on the maintaining rather than the losing.  I'm sure this isn't something anyone wants to hear about, someone complaining about losing too much weight.  And I'm not complaining.  I'm just wanting to avoid getting yelled at, and I'd rather be healthy.  So...I must adjust! 
 
 
My goal this week is to keep doing the small runs to keep up the endurance.  And to continue to stay on top of things at work, and of course, remain positive.  I did pretty well focusing on the positive last week, but this week I have a lot going on, including court...so....positive vibes, positive vibes. 
 
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and here's to another (quick) work week! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!