Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy birthday, T!


Know what today is?


It’s T’s birthday!

His 31st birthday, to be exact.  Yep, that’s right…he’s year younger than me.  Jerk.

Just kidding….no, in all seriousness, Aubrey and I couldn’t be luckier to have this man in our lives.  Not only is he a wonderful husband and amazing dad, but he’s just a great person in general.  Seriously.  I don’t think I give him credit enough for all that he does for us on a daily basis.   He takes such great care of both of his girls, works his butt off, and does everything in his power to provide for me and Aubrey. 




There are so many things that can be said about T.  He’s got a hilarious sense of humor.  It was one of the things that attracted me to him.  He shares my dark and dry sense of humor.  He always knows how to make me laugh.  He’s the only person, aside from my oldest nephew, who can quote pretty much any episode of Family Guy and use the joke in the appropriate context.  He’s smart as hell.  I mean you have to be in order to be an engineer, but seriously, when he starts talking “work,” I have no freaking clue what he’s talking about.  But he’s passionate about his work, and I love that about him.  It’s not just a job to him.  While he doesn’t live to work, he does put his heart and soul into his work, and I’m not sure you can say that about just anyone. 

He’s a loving father.  That little girl has him wrapped around her finger.  There’s not a thing he wouldn’t do for her.  I could see it the very first time he held her.  Hell, I saw it that very first ultrasound.  He stared and stared at the picture and insisted we put it on our mantle.  He read to her each night if he could as I was pregnant, and he still reads to her.  He loves to get on the floor and play with her, loves to teach her, gets so excited when she learns new things. 

He’s got a strong sense of faith.  Raising our daughter in the church is as important to him as it is to me.   He’s not a lazy person by any means.  You should see the house.  The man worries about every single part of that house.  He checks the roof every time it rains to make sure it’s okay.  He worries about the yard and mows it perfectly weekly.  It’s almost neurotic, but it’s important to him.   I’d rather he cares about the house than not. 

He’s strong.  Not only physically but as a person.  He’s seen his share of ups and downs before, but he’s also stood through so much with me.  During the pregnancy, he was the pillar of strength as I fell apart when we lost my grandpa.  During all of my health scares, he’s been there.  That was something that was always important to me when I pictured the person I’d be with forever.  Someone to hold my hand.

 
I know this is mushy, but…it’s his day and he deserves it.  Happy birthday, T.  We love you more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

  1. I love you two! So freaking sweet! Hope he has a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!