Friday, July 19, 2013

Random Friday

I'm trying to write all of my posts together during the weekend so that I can dedicate more time to my freelance writing, and this is week two in that endeavor.  Of course, by the time I get to the Thursday or Friday post, I am running short on ideas.  And....yeah, I'm running short on ideas.  So I will end this week with another random Nain post because, come on, you know you love them.  Plus, I shared a lot of pictures this week, so I've been generous :-)


Tomorrow we'll be getting our family picture taken for our church directory.  God, I feel so old saying that.  And I'm Catholic, so I probably shouldn't have said "God" before saying I felt old.  Darn, I feel so old saying that.  But we could use a new picture of the three of us.  Oddly enough, Aubrey has changed so much since the last picture and that was in February.  And like last time, I haven't cut my hair in forever so....yeah, we'll just have to make due.  


This week ends what has been a crazy couple of weeks for work.  July is always busy because it's the start of a new fiscal year for most grant agencies.  I've been scrambling to get reports done, applications in, and I have done 3 presentations for grant applications.  Busy  busy busy, Nain.  I'm considering taking a day off for a "me" day, but then I realize I don't have time for that.  Maybe another day....


One thing I have come to not like so much about weekends....I look forward to them so much thinking "yes!  finally some free time!" and then I spend the entire weekend cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry.  And T spends it doing stuff in the yard.  Sometimes I wish we had the money and the ability to pay for a cleaning service because I almost feel guilty for taking weekend days where we should be spending as much time with our kiddo as possible and together as a family doing chores.  Oh, and add grocery shopping to that list.  I hate grocery shopping.


Speaking of grocery shopping....what gives, Kroger?  No more double coupons?  "Oh but the cost of groceries will be lower..." Really?  Where's the proof in that?  I blame those stupid coupon people on that TLC show for ruining it for all of us.  I mean, we've already started getting less and less coupons online and in the paper.  Now this?  Ugh. 


Okay, old person rant over.  But seriously, every bit does count.  Did I mention I wouldn't mind that cleaning service?  


It's getting to be back to school time around here.  Is that crazy or is it just me? August 1st just seems so early.  They're doing that year-round school thing here.  I'm not sure how I'll feel about it when Aubrey is in school.  I know it's good, but those breaks throughout the year...what do you do with the kids then when you're working?  


And when did it get to be the end of July?  Seriously....this summer went by too quickly.  I love fall, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to wish time away.  Slow down, summer!


Seeing that I am writing this on a Saturday, I just looked at the clock and realized that my kid has been napping for going on three hours now.  That could mean so many things - she's getting sick, she's overtired, which is not going to bode well for mass later or....I don't know.  Maybe I should go check on her.  Isn't there something about never waking a sleeping child?  But, the bright side to this?  She has given me three hours to load pictures and write every post for the week.  Thanks, Aubs!  


I hope everyone had a wonderful week...have an even more wonderful weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I like though that Kroger sends out coupons in the mail for stuff you by by analyzing your Kroger card. That way I only have to wade through a handful of coupons I don't want to get to useful stuff. Other than that, not big on coupons. Ain't Nobody got time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We face the dilemma of what to do with the boys for three months of summer vacation. And the summer knowledge slide. It might be nice to have shorter breaks throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that got older as you went! :) But what can we do... we are getting older!! :P (But not old - that's way far off!! Like, the lady that sits next to me at work, let me do the math... ok, well, maybe I should just say she was older than I am now when I was born and she's not old OLD so we have a ways to go.);)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!