Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Michigan Part 1

I promised more pictures, and I do not disappoint!  So on our week-long vacation to Michigan, we spent the first four days with my family.  My parents rented a house in South Haven, Michigan, and our entire family came along for the ride.  It was a lot of fun, and Aubrey really enjoyed the time with her cousins.  Here she is trying to take her uncle's iPad...


Look!  A pirate ship!  I wonder if Johnny Depp is on that...


Whenever we go to South Haven, I always get to see one of my dearest friends from college, Kristen.  She was the very first friend I made in college on the very first day being there, and we've been close ever since.  She lives in Kalamzaoo, or outside there so I always get to see her when we go up there.  This was her first time meeting Aubrey as well and getting to spend time with T aside from the brief time she met him at the wedding.



Playing on the pier in South Haven....Aubrey wanted to get out of that stroller so badly.  My little daredevil would have dived right into the water if she could, making me just a tad nervous, of course...


"Give me that camera, Mom!"


We went to Silver Beach in St. Joseph, MI, and Aubrey got to experience sand, water and the beach for the first time.  Of course, we had to begin our day with some beach snacks...


Daddy and Aubrey approaching the water with her cousins...she was so curious...


The water was freezing, but she didn't seem to mind...



She wasn't too sure about walking in the sand so we introduced her first to it by playing in it.  Here she is mining for gold...




You know, I think it has been quite some time since T and I actually took a picture together.  So it only seemed appropriate, and yes, that shirt says "enginerd" on it.  Me and my enginerd....


Aubrey and Mommy playing in the sand...


T being goofy and taking pictures of someone other than Aubrey...


Aubrey actually walked in the sand eventually.  I was so proud of her.  She was walking back and forth when she got off the slide and kept trying to climb up the stairs herself.  She absolutely loved the slide.



We hit the carousel next, but by this point she was exhausted with no nap so she wasn't too keen on it.  But she did last the ride before passing out in the car...




I'll be back tomorrow with part two of the Michigan trip - our trip to the big "D"!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, look at Aubrey crawling all over her cousins! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she thoroughly enjoyed everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacations like that are more fun with little ones. You get to experience it for the first time all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really fun, love the one of you & T. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!