Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Michigan Part 2

So we spent the first half of our vacation on the western portion of Michigan, but we headed over towards Detroit, the big "D" to see T's family.  They don't actually live in the "D," mind you, but it does sound much more bad ass that way.  We got there on the 3rd, and on the 4th we watched the big 4th of July parade in the town where T's parents live.  Here's Miss Aubrey all decked out in red, white and blue:


She was little Miss Independent...wanted to walk all on her own everywhere...


Except, of course, when Mommy was around...


"What?  It's totally normal for me to poke at your eyes, Mommy!"


We were in the sun quite a bit, so the poor little thing got a little warm...


Of course, it was a good thing there was a pool awaiting us at Nana's house when we were done.  She loved splashing around and cooling off...




The next day we drove into the actual "D" itself and went to the Henry Ford Museum.  I do realize I look less than thrilled in this picture.  It was a pretty cool place, so don't be swayed by the skeptical look on my face.


They had a ton of Presidential limos.  This was JFK's, and it was actually the one he was assassinated in.


The family in front of a train that I know has some significance, and I swear they told me but for the life of me I can't remember why.  And that's Aubrey's new little cousin Hailey...


Walking with Grandpa....


It was a very big museum for such a little girl....



They had a ton of cool things there.  This was the famous bus Rosa Parks rode...




The Weiner Mobile!


The next day we got to try out the big pool.  She cried at first but after awhile she was so in love.  She at first only wanted me to carry her but that quickly changed to her Daddy.  And then, little brave girl, thought she'd swim on her own.  Seriously, she was pulling a baby from Nirvana's Nevermind on us.  Maybe we should look into swim lessons in the future?




"Oh, Daddy, that was so much fun!"


The rest of the time we did some playing and a little relaxing.  She got some Nana time in.  I'm so glad she's getting to know both sets of grandparents.  It's important to both of us that she have a good relationship with both sets.  She and Nana were checking out the latest American Girl catalog....


It was a great trip and lots of quality time with both sets of family.  We were all three ready to get home by Sunday, but it was a wonderful time.  And (Sarah, ahem) I hope you enjoyed the pictures!  Sorry, I don't really  have much more to share!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them!! Thank you for sharing! It's really fun watching her grow up & experience all the fun things life has to offer! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!