Thursday, July 18, 2013

Of summers past...

Second Blooming
This week's Spin Cycle, brought to you by Gretchen at Second Blooming, is on summers past.  Well, instead of going back to summers when I was a kid...which would involve a lot of photo digging and scanning....I chose a different route.  In fact, it was the first one that came to mind.  See, T and I met in the Summer of 2008, and I have so many fond memories of that summer.  Do I have fond memories documented in pictures?   No....sadly we only have these two to share:



These are both from the same event...I volunteered through a group in Indy when I met T, and I got free tickets to this charitable event which was a beer festival.  It was where I introduced T to the beauty that is dark beer.  Aren't we just the cutest?  I think this picture was taken sometime in August, and we met in late June of 2008.

Being that the summer of 2008 was when we first met, and you know, there's that fun phase where you go on dates like every weekend?  (Remember those days, T?)  We did so many things that summer.  Lots of festivals, walks on the canal, ice cream downtown on the Circle, baseball games, cooking out on his patio and just enjoying the nice evenings, walks on the Monon.  Honestly, it didn't really matter what we did.  I was so smitten and head over heels (though not admitting I was in love at the time) that I wanted to spend all of my time with T.  There was just something different about him; I knew it in my heart.  We had an incredible summer, and I got to know him so well, as he did the same for me I suspect.  Plus, we just did so many things.  As time has gone by, mortgage obligations, children...less money, of course, we haven't been able to go out and about all the time like we used to do.  I really would love to go back to those days, though I wouldn't trade my life for it at all.  

So last week's post was about summer now....and it's about making memories as a family, memories that Aubrey will cherish of fun times spent with family.  A lot of the posts this week document just that.  However, when I think of summers past, I think of the memories that T and I share, of the summer when we first met and when the foundation for our relationship was first built.  Those times I will always hold close to my heart.   See, both meanings of summer are equally as important and special to me, but it's funny how the two different meanings intertwine.  

I don't have documented photos of those memories to share with you on this blog, but I have those snapshots in my mind.  And just writing about this right now, I'm replaying them and smiling, thinking of everything T and I experienced back then and everything we have ahead.  

2 comments:

  1. Summer reminds me of when Nick and I were first dating--long distance as I was home for the summer from college and he was on a family farm working. Lots of letters, phone calls and weekend drives to see each other. The memories are fun to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that you two had only been dating for a couple of months - you look so together! Summer lovin' is the best!

    You will be linked very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!