Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby update

Hi everyone!  So I know I promised several of you (Chloe being one of the ones who originally requested this) for a baby update.  I sadly haven't updated much because, well, there's not a lot to say.  I'm preggers. Getting bigger by the day.  (Ha)  But no, seriously, there probably is no excuse for my lack of updates.  So I will do my damndest to truly update all of you (but sorry, no bump pics!)

As of yesterday, I'm officially in my 19th week, heading towards the big 5 month mark.  According to thebump.com, our baby is the size of a mango, though my stomach feels a little larger than a mango.  But he/she is getting bigger every day.  Last week the ears formed so now Mommy needs to watch her language because the little half-pint can hear me when I curse.  Gotta nip those habits in the bud, right from the start, you know.  This week, I believe the site said something about intestines forming and some kind of clear substance coating the baby.  I imagine it's that gross stuff you see on babies after they are first born.  (It's gross.  Don't lie to me and tell me you don't think it's gross, too...)  Unfortunately I don't have any mangoes around the house so I don't have much to compare the baby to at the moment.  Maybe I should go get one this weekend?  Hold it up to my stomach and take a picture? 

Oh wait.  I don't like to eat mangos.  That would be a tragic waste of fruit. 


Anyway, I digress...this Friday we have two very big appointments.  First we will be going to Riley Children's Hospital to have a fetal echo cardiogram done of our baby.  The main goal of this test is to get a good look at the baby's heart and specifically look for the congenital heart defect that I was born with.  I'm praying every day that we receive nothing but positive news.  But I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about that appointment.  After that, we have the big sonogram where (keeping fingers crossed) we should be finding out the sex of our baby!  That part is keeping me going this week with all of the stress and tears and just plain awful stuff from yesterday. 


Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good.  I am officially showing a baby bump, which is okay.  It is making moving a little awkward, and my stomach is getting to that rock hard feel.  The baby is moving some, and it's crazy. It feels like little tickles inside my stomach.  However, being the paranoid one, every time I think that I haven't felt anything for too long, I start poking my stomach trying to wake the baby up, and then T gets mad at me for disturbing the baby.  (I can't help it...I have to know!)  I'm eating a little more than I was before, but I'm still feeling nauseated every now and then and no really big cravings.  Well, I take that back...there was that ill-advised decision to order a spicy chicken sandwich value meal at Wendy's last Friday.  Yeah.  It tasted good at first, but man, not a good idea.  But other than that, I'm still not hungry that much. 


My big goal for the next few months is to keep stress down.  I won't go into why but this week has put a lot of stress on me and the baby, and my blood pressure has gone up as a result.  And I can't do that.  Baby comes first.  So I need to relax, let go and let God with this one.  And just be.  And maybe let the baby just be, too, and stop poking my stomach when I want to know he/she is still there. 


I will be back with another vlog to announce the big news, promise!  Place your bets now, folks :-)


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Baby update!! And maybe a vlog?!
    You just made my day, girl!
    I'm sorry you're going through such a stressful week/moment. I'm praying for you, and the baby.

    And talking about the baby... I think it's... a BOY!
    And I promise I'll write your letter on Friday! This Friday! I promise! September has been a crazy month, but I'll have some free time on Friday! Sorry it's taking me so long to write you back! I feel so embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for an update! I can't wait to hear about your appts. Friday! They will both be fabulous. When I don't feel Button for a while I whip out the home doppler and listen to that sweet heartbeat! You should get one...I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big prayers!!! I just know everything will be great though! Can't wait for the big reveal!!!

    SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!