Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Long Weekend!


I'm not going to lie...I'm short on ideas today on what to write.  And I'd also be lying if I didn't say a part of me was a wee bit jealous of my husband who has the day off today, the day before a long, holiday weekend.  Alas.  So my motivation to write an actual post today?  Minimal.  But I love you guys, so by God, I'm going to do it if it kills me! 
 
 
At the very least, I am happy that we are headed into a nice, long weekend.  You have to love those long weekends, right?  This weekend T's brother and sister-in-law will be coming down to visit our house for the first time.  It'll be nice to spend time with them and visit.  I'm planning a nice girls day tomorrow involving lots of shopping (Nain needs maternity clothes!), while the boys work on painting the nursery.  And by boys I mean T's brother.  You do not let T near a paint brush.  It's dangerous.  I like my carpet upstairs without paint on it, thank you very much (sorry, T!).  We've chosen a light green color for the walls of the nursery, and depending on what the sex is, we'll have an accent color with the bedding and decorations.  It's kind of exciting to think of the nursery being painted already!  (Hell, with how the baby has me feeling lately it's kind of nice to have something pleasant surrounding the pregnancy...still having the nausea, lovely!) 
 
 
We're also planning a night out Saturday to dinner, a cookout Sunday and then heading up after they leave to the annual car show up in my parent's neck of the woods.  So it'll be a full but fun weekend.  I will definitely post pictures of the painted nursery when it's done, promise!  It'll be just an empty room, but...it's a start! 
 
 
Now, since this will be a holiday weekend, I am taking the week off from Motivation Monday.  So keep those posts in your head if you had one ready.   But let's make the September 12th installment of Motivation Monday the best one ever! 
 
And in case you haven't checked it out yet, this is the 2nd installment of my Q&A vlog!  It's in two parts because it's so darn long, but I did get to all of the questions - so yay me!
 
 
Oh, oh - and I am having a nice Labor Day Sale through Mary Kay this weekend.  If you should feel so inclined, stop by my personal site!  The deals included are: 
 
Cleansers (all types) – 25% off!


Mascaras – buy one get one half off!


Eye shadows (Including eye shadow bundles and cream eye colors) – 25% off!


Perfume lines – 30% off!


Eye creams – 15% off!


Lipsticks/lip glosses – buy one, get one half off!


Liquid illuminators – 75% off


Weekender eye pencil collection (http://www.marykay.com/asullivan8395/color/lastchance/lastchance/10041012/default.aspx) - 75% off!

 Have a great weekend, everyone!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you two are having a wonderful long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great Mary Kay sales person. I promise I'll only ever buy from you :-)

    Do you have an Ikea near you? I ask because I saw in their catalog that they are starting to sell baby things! For great prices! As in you can get a crib, changing table and dresser for around $400, and their cribs alone start at $70!! Which is crazy. They say they put them through rigorous testing to ensure that they are safe, and the paint they use is a special kind or something... Anyway, thought I'd pass that along for when you want to fill your nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!